JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   tummy sleeping (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2632567-tummy-sleeping.html)

alittlelost March 7th, 2013 07:06 AM

tummy sleeping

I haven't be able to sleep on my tummy for a couple weeks now. Who else is now unable to do so? Thankfully I'm not huge on tummy sleeping anyway, but my back isn't doing well with the weight on my spine and my shoulder doesn't react well when I sleep on my side.

MyFantasticFour March 7th, 2013 07:07 AM

Re: tummy sleeping

I can only really comfortably sleep on my side. Not because my belly is big, it just feels wrong. I'm actually sleeping with a pillow in between my legs most of the time, for some reason my legs being closed feels really restricting.

Kelllilee March 7th, 2013 07:24 AM

I'm still mostly sleeping on my stomach (slightly to the side with one leg raised, but 75% on my stomach). This is the longest I've gone. This baby must be little or hiding well!

cameronzmom March 7th, 2013 07:27 AM

I sleep on my left side mostly, semi on my stomach. I definately have a baby belly but apparently baby isnt big enough for it to be bothered.

Irishgirl99 March 7th, 2013 07:34 AM

I'm still sleeping on my belly or side. When I'm on my side I always have a pillow between my knees too. I started doing that 5 years ago when I was pregnant with my son because I had a lot of back pain. I tried to sleep without it after he was born and couldn't! If we go away somewhere I have to bring a small pillow for my knees cos I can't sleep without it.

Dandelion March 7th, 2013 07:43 AM

I can still sleep on my tummy if I have a pillow to prop half my body up on. I'm a tummy sleeper and its what I miss most while pregnant...and the first thing I do after delivery! Haha it's like heaven to do after months of not being able to.

It's not as comfortable now that my boobs have started to hurt and grow again though.

soaringphoenix March 7th, 2013 07:57 AM

I sleep somewhere between my side and stomach. Everytime I try to sleep fully on my side, I wake up in the night with pain in my legs.

Momma2Chase March 7th, 2013 08:32 AM

I'm mainly on my side right now (left usually). Sometimes back, but can't do stomach at all anymore- it's too uncomfortable

Fins March 7th, 2013 10:16 AM

I'm sort of half stomach/half side with my leg raised up. I can't seem to get comfortable anymore though. In fact, I was just looking online for body pillows.

soccermamatomany March 7th, 2013 10:39 AM

I am not a big tummy sleeper to begin with, but probably couldn't even if I tried.

I sleep on my sides alot.

Babsbabies March 7th, 2013 11:03 AM

I'm in the 75% on my stomach camp. Im glad I can still do it. I do then thing where I'm propped up a bit on a pillow and a little to one side. Not looking forward to full on side sleeping. My shoulders and hips hurt just thinking about it.

yvee80 March 7th, 2013 11:47 AM

I still sleep on my tummy I am a tummy sleeper any other way and I am tossing and turning all night!!!! Ever since I was younger if I slept on my side I put a pillow between my legs I despise my legs touching when I am sleeping it seems to make me extremely hot very quickly!