JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   ** Team Blue Chat! ** (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2636052-team-blue-chat.html)

KASHWORTH March 19th, 2013 10:54 AM

** Team Blue Chat! **

Here's a little chit chat thread to get all of us team blue mamas together :D

Feel free to talk about anything about having boys; questions, advice, cute shopping finds!

I'll start.. Is this your first boy or do you already have a boy?

I have a boy, so this will be my second boy.

mommy2skyty March 19th, 2013 10:59 AM

Re: ** Team Blue Chat! **

Hi Kelsey! This is also my second boy and I am getting excited about having another little boy in the house! My son is a real mommy's boy and I hoping our new guy will be too :)

What are you looking forward to most about having another boy?

mamalamb March 19th, 2013 10:59 AM

YAY!!! THIS IS OUR FIRST BOY!!! SO EXCITED!!! AT SOME POINT HOPEFULLY I'LL CALM DOWN ENOUGH TO STOP SHOUTING!! Lol!! :) ;)

KASHWORTH March 19th, 2013 11:01 AM

Right now I have a daddy's boy, but I'm hoping he gets over it cause I want 2 mama's boys :D It's the least they could do for not at least giving me one girl, haha.

mommy2skyty March 19th, 2013 11:04 AM

Yay mamalamb! I could just imagine how excited you are! I remember I was scared about how to change my son's diaper but then I got it pretty easily.

kelsey- I know that we kinda share the same feeling of thinking we were going to have girls and now we will have boys. How have you dealt with your feelings?

KASHWORTH March 19th, 2013 11:14 AM

I've pretty much gotten over it. I'm excited to have 2 boys, and personally would rather have 2 boys than 2 girls, plus I love my boy! I'm a little sad still when I see cute little girls all dressed up and with bows and stuff, but I remind myself I don't have to deal with teenage girl hormones and boyfriends and stuff like that, haha. How about you?

mommy2skyty March 19th, 2013 11:52 AM

Now that I know what I am having I can concentrate on bonding with my little guy and just be happy about having him and put the idea of having a little girl to the side. Like you I just try to avoid looking in the girl section and just concentrate on the boy clothes. My daughter is a great girl but I do worry about her being a teenager so this way I will have one teenage daughter instead of 2. My son is a pretty easy going guy and even though he is more physical than my daughter he also loves to cuddle so I hope my new little guy will like to cuddle too. Also having my boys closer in age and already having soo many older boy clothes and tons of boy toys makes it an easier transition than getting all new girly clothes. My daughter is used to have a brother so now she will have 2 of them and be the only girl, which is secretly what she wants because she wants her own room.

mommy2skyty March 19th, 2013 11:59 AM

When I tell my friends what I am having I say "We are adding a boy to our family and are excited about it" instead of "It's another boy."

My brother said "are you going to try for a girl now" which made me upset like he wasn't happy that we are having a boy! The way I look at it is we have a boy and a girl and weren't really expecting to have another baby but now we are soo be happy for us and welcome this little guy like you do our other children :) People make soo much of a deal of gender and should just be happy for a healthy baby! Sure I had a little bit of gender dissapointment but I am totally over that and have moved onto being excited about this little person we have been given!

Momma2Chase March 19th, 2013 01:07 PM

Okay totally Sneaking in here! What if WE do a posting war between the teams!? No rules! (Well except no one word posts lol)

mommy2skyty March 19th, 2013 02:17 PM

Sounds fun!

boys rule!

Fins March 19th, 2013 03:03 PM

this is my first boy. I'm getting more and more excited about it. I never imagined myself with a boy but now it just feels so right!

soaringphoenix March 19th, 2013 03:13 PM

First boy as well! Excited and scared at the same time. I don't think I know what to do! Lol

Jhendrickson March 19th, 2013 04:15 PM

This is my first baby!! So thrilled :). There are lots of cute baby boy clothes. Anyone looked at the designer "Mud Pie"? To die for!

MyFantasticFour March 19th, 2013 05:17 PM

I have three girls and this is my first boy and I am ECSTATIC! But I am still nervous that his penis will disappear or something lol

PeruvianBaby March 19th, 2013 08:12 PM

I have two boys and this will be my third oh my three boys..
I found out today, I just need to get over this gender dissapoinment but happy to have a healthy baby boy!

mommy2skyty March 19th, 2013 08:22 PM

Don't worry Peruvianbaby I have heard gender disapointment is very normal and with time you will alright! After I had my ultrasound I shed a few tears but my kids quickly cheered me and I bought a few boy things. Even now I sometimes can't believe I am having another boy, but I am just soo glad I found out early so I could have time to know what I was having and bond with him. I think we are all given a specific gender for a reason and then everything works out well and you just love your kids! You never know you might just have a daughter someday :)

ElliotsMommy13 March 19th, 2013 08:46 PM

This is my first baby and it is a boy!! I was sooo nervous about a boy as a single mama.. but, I am happy the baby is healthy and developing well. I've got an adorable nautical theme going for his room already. Girl clothes and accessories are really cute.. but good point about teenage years!

Norwegian mom March 19th, 2013 11:59 PM

I'm having my second son and really looking forward to having another boy. And he is such an active little baby. Can't believe how much he kicks. Hope august will be here soon.

carolinashore March 20th, 2013 06:05 AM

This is my 3rd boy, and I couldn't be more excited! I wasn't sure how I would feel when it came time for the tech to say boy or girl, but I wasn't anything but excited. I had a feeling it was a boy, so maybe that made a difference :) I love being a boy mama! I would have loved a little girl, but it probably would have made me a little nervous after being a boy mom for so long :)

Fins March 20th, 2013 07:03 AM

for those of you with boys, are they crazy active / daredevils? My DD was so calm and girlie but my brother's son is a wild one, lol!