JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   re-using bottles (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2637721-re-using-bottles.html)

Colliekat March 25th, 2013 12:07 PM

re-using bottles

My hubby went up into the attic yesterday and got down all the baby things we have (not too much!) and I discovered that all my Dr Brown bottles were there that I used in 2009-2010 with DD1. Now I have been reading that it isn't safe to use them as the heat in the attic can cause bpa to be leached? I'm not sure if my bottles are bpa free or not but I will sure check when I get home.

Do you girls re-use bottles from a previous baby or what is the general consensus? I will of course buy new bottles if it isn't safe. I'm perturbed by this finding that I will likely just do exactly that!

cameronzmom March 25th, 2013 12:10 PM

Re: re-using bottles

I've always purchased new bottles. New baby = new bottles. Not only does heat wear the materials down over time but after repeated washings I'm sure you've noticed that they may have become cloudy. If any of them appear cloudy or not up to par, I'd just toss them and get new ones.

mom2K&G March 25th, 2013 12:30 PM

We are purchasing new bottles as well for this baby. I got rid of all DS's bottles already.

soccermamatomany March 25th, 2013 12:33 PM

I would get new bottles.

Irishgirl99 March 25th, 2013 01:02 PM

We reused them between ds and dd but there was only 13 1/2 months between them. I got rid of the after dd so we bought new ones this time.
If they look fine I'd probably reuse them but that's just me

Babsbabies March 25th, 2013 01:15 PM

I think after being in a hot attic, I'd buy new. It's been 3 years since my last baby, so I think I'm going to buy new too. I typically am more in the "eh, it's fine category" but I know our attic gets so hot. I'm just getting two bottles now and will get more if we need them and baby likes them.

KASHWORTH March 25th, 2013 01:45 PM

I'm re-using ours because we still have ours out from DS. If they were in an attic I'd get new ones.

Anchored March 26th, 2013 04:28 AM

I would buy new, too. I can't imagine any of Chase's would have help up from 09-10 anyway! lol

Colliekat March 26th, 2013 06:06 AM

New ones it is! They look fine but I'm not comfortable now after hearing y'alls input in using them.

Thanks girls!

mamalamb March 26th, 2013 08:33 AM

I agree, we do new bottles each time. For one thing I feel like they wear down, and for another I like trying out new ones lol!! (Also DD2 hated what DD1 had used anyway)