JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Finally!!! Got the nerve to fire my Maternity Doctor. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2637952-finally-got-nerve-to-fire-my-maternity-doctor.html)

2004megen March 26th, 2013 06:47 AM

Finally!!! Got the nerve to fire my Maternity Doctor.

I dont post a lot on here, but love reading everyone updates etc. I have posted before ,stating how I was dissapointed with my maternity doctor. Everyone encouraged me to change, but I had severe anxiety about doing it. After forgetting to book 2 ultrasounds ( i still dont have one booked for my anatomy scan), not bothering to check for gest diabetes even though I have had it previously, Not asnwering me when I ask him simple questions, and the fact that he uses a ancient dopplar, I snapped.
The last appointment which was over a week ago, he couldnt here the heartbeat after 10 minutes because the battery was dying on it. Seriously??? also told me i would hear from them in 3 days with an ultrasound apt....still havent heard.
Got in with a new maternity group, who where a dream. they where shocked nothing was done. I was so happy to finally be getting the care I need. Ty u ladies for encouraging me to do it.

Tinky March 26th, 2013 06:51 AM

Re: Finally!!! Got the nerve to fire my Maternity Doctor.

I am so happy to hear this! You will fell much happier with things:)

yvee80 March 26th, 2013 06:56 AM

That is great! There is nothing worse than feeling pushed aside and not important to someone whom is handling something so important and special in a person's llife!

alittlelost March 26th, 2013 06:57 AM

So glad you found a better maternity care group!!! <3 You and your baby deserve the best care!

Colliekat March 26th, 2013 07:14 AM

Gosh that is so negligent on their behalf! I would be filing a complaint with the state to be quite honest. Glad that you are in with a good group now. It is important to feel like your OB truly cares about you and your baby.

miniRazz March 26th, 2013 08:30 AM

Oh I'm so glad you're finally seeing a Dr that will give you the care you and your baby deserve!

ElliotsMommy13 March 26th, 2013 10:33 AM

I am so glad you are happy you did this!

mariri March 26th, 2013 11:52 AM

you go Mama

Anchored March 27th, 2013 04:38 AM

Glad you were able to get yourself a new doctor! :heart:

Jen71 March 27th, 2013 09:32 AM

Oh wow! Good for you for switching!!