JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Anyone taking Tylenol? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2638084-anyone-taking-tylenol.html)

Jhendrickson March 26th, 2013 03:29 PM

Anyone taking Tylenol?

I finally gave in today-I have had the same headache sun-up to sun-down for four days straight..it lingers all day and then gets worse toward the evening. Tonight I finally took a Tylenol and it helped. Now we will see if it comes back tomorrow morning.

Anyone else still having this issue/taking Tylenol?

Anchored March 26th, 2013 03:36 PM

Re: Anyone taking Tylenol?

I am suffering from migraines lately and Tylenol is the only thing i will take for them. Unfortunately they don't exactly help but it takes the edge off sometimes at least.

AprylLynn March 26th, 2013 03:43 PM

Ive been getting terrible headaches too. I take tylenol every few days when I cant take it anymore. Doesnt make it go away but helps just a little bit

mom2K&G March 26th, 2013 03:49 PM

I only take tylenol when I need too. I try caffeine first and if it doesn't help then I resort to tylenol. I hope you feel better!

alittlelost March 26th, 2013 03:56 PM

I had to take some last night for neck/back pain.

Honestlymonique March 26th, 2013 04:49 PM

I took them once since I been pregnant. I stay away from medicine of any kind while pregnant unless i have to.

JessKeller24 March 26th, 2013 05:27 PM

I avoid meds unless I really need them. My sciatica and pelvis pain gets so bad some days I'm half tempted to take some Advil. But don't and have to deal with stupid Tylenol that only slightly takes the pain away.

Husher March 26th, 2013 05:31 PM

I've had a headache a few times and had some black tea. That really helped me. I'm hoping the tylenol keeps the headache away for you!

Irishgirl99 March 26th, 2013 05:32 PM

I've taken it for headaches a lot this pregnancy. I try to hold out but if they get really bad I take some.

Kelllilee March 26th, 2013 06:04 PM

Right now I use advil if my headache gets to the unbearable point. I try to limit it as much as I can (Dr & midwife okayed it for second trimester). Tylenol barely touches it.

mirdeemrlvs March 26th, 2013 06:14 PM

me too! I thought I was coming down with something, or it was from my orthodontic adjustment yesterday, but if I go even a little bit over the 6 hours without having tylenol, the headache comes back. I hope this goes away soon! I don't like taking anything, but it's too much to bear.

Dandelion March 26th, 2013 06:14 PM

I've taken Tylenol multiple times so far because I've been having a lot of dental work and jaw/tooth pain.

MyFantasticFour March 26th, 2013 07:05 PM

Tylenol and soda for me. I stopped drinking soda when I got pregnant so I only drink it now for the headaches. They are so, so bad and my kids are SO LOUD (they get it from me, I'm a loud person) and it's just HORRIBLE. I can handle anything else but headaches are HELL.

carolinashore March 26th, 2013 07:09 PM

I've taken Tylenol a couple of times for headaches, but mostly to deal with arthritis pain.

ElliotsMommy13 March 26th, 2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2Gabe (Post 27232048)
I only take tylenol when I need too. I try caffeine first and if it doesn't help then I resort to tylenol. I hope you feel better!

:ditto: I have a small cup of coffee or soda first.. then tylenol last resort..

kjm March 26th, 2013 07:28 PM

I don't like to take Tylenol, or any medicine, even when I'm not pregnant unless I really have to. But especially Tylenol because I have liver problems.

Hope your head is feeling better! I have had some crazy headaches too

Colliekat March 27th, 2013 08:22 AM

I have taken it twice this pregnancy and was given it when I was in hospital with m/s due to fever. I gave in a few nights ago because I had a pressure headache that was kicking my butt.

I try and be very conservative when taking meds during pregnancy.

Dandelion March 27th, 2013 09:21 AM

I've always been told Tylenol was fine. I've taken it in every pregnancy with no problems.

LadyGamer March 27th, 2013 09:24 AM

I have no problem with tylenol, since it is rated pregnancy safe, but I do only take it when it is super necessary, as I don't want to put things like that in there to affect baby unless I have to.

yvee80 March 27th, 2013 11:39 AM

I try to wait the headaches out as much as possible, then I try caffeine if that doesn't work it's Tylenol...I have a throbbing headache now and trying to wait it out! It's the pits