JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Quad screen results (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2638256-quad-screen-results.html)

Jessmom March 27th, 2013 08:01 AM

Quad screen results

Saw my dr last night. Everything is good baby was resting so hr 137 my weight only 81/2 lbs total at 19 weeks. Fundal height and blood pressure good.

Only confusing bit was when she read my quad screen results. My risk of downs is 1:12000. Awesome for my age. But my dr was very hesitant and was questioning if they factored everything in to get that result. She wrote a bunch of notes and is gettin it rechecked??? I am confused. Is that too good for my age for it to be correct? I turn 42 this week. My nt at 13w 3d was 2mm. Of course I didn't start really thinking on this til after I left so now I am getting myself all worried. And this also caused her to get distracted so she told me I need iron pills but forgot to say how much to take. Hopefully it's in my chart. I will call this morning.

I hate worrying and now I won't see her for 4 weeks so I won't get any answers. So frustrated!! Especially since I should be happy and relieved. What do you ladies think? Am I getting worked up for nothing? Or should I be worried??

alittlelost March 27th, 2013 08:06 AM

Re: Quad screen results

She's probably just double checking for your age but sounds to me like everything is fine :)

mamalamb March 27th, 2013 08:16 AM

I'm sure everything is fine, I would call and bug her about it though LOL

Jen71 March 27th, 2013 09:39 AM

Wow! That sounds awesome to me! I'm turning 42 also (Happy Birthday!!!) and my results were 1:310, and doctors weren't concerned. With a good ultrasound at 20 weeks, they changed it to 1:620 chance. I understand and I still worry about my risks, but doctors keep reassuring me that things look promising.

I'm guessing your doctor was thinking of something else besides your DS risk, and was just wanting to make sure all the bases ate covered.

soccermamatomany March 27th, 2013 10:07 AM

My results with just the first trimester screening was 1 in 770. I looked up what my risk was SOLELY on my age on Google (I am 36) and solely on my age my risk was 1 in 400. Maybe she thinks there was a typo or something?

I hope everything is fine.

Jessmom March 27th, 2013 10:13 AM

Ya I guess it is very very low for my age. I was prepared for a much higher risk. Guess I will know more in 4 weeks. Hmmmm. I hate waiting! At least I have my ultrasound next week to look forward to.

Husher March 27th, 2013 10:16 AM

I would guess she's double checking it for the age factor too. I wouldn't worry! Sounds like a great appointment. :)

Tinky March 27th, 2013 10:29 AM

yup agreed. Probably just wants to make sure someone didnt mess up on the numbers. :) 4 weeks is too long, she should be able to answer some questions via phon or email.