JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Naming baby after birth? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2638717-naming-baby-after-birth.html)

soccermamatomany March 28th, 2013 04:22 PM

Naming baby after birth?

My DH is being such a pain! Now he says he won't know what to name our baby until after she is born so he can see what she looks like!

I am not in line with that plan, as I want to have a name for her already!

Jessmom March 28th, 2013 04:32 PM

Re: Naming baby after birth?

That is frustrating. Will he at least make a top five list??

waxzon March 28th, 2013 04:35 PM

We did that with DD she was 8 hours old before her full name was official. I can see how it's frustrating if you want to know ahead and order personalized things

kjm March 28th, 2013 04:44 PM

We didn't know Jakob's name until after he was born, but it wasn't planned that way. Even if you have a set name you may see her and immediately find a different name that is perfect. I'd just ask him to choose a name he likes best but not have to be "set" on it until she is born.

alittlelost March 28th, 2013 05:26 PM

We don't name our kids until after they are born either, which is a good thing, because none of them looked like what we thought our top names were. We see them and usually end up picking a 2nd or 3rd choice. So we make a list, then look at them, then decide. My youngest took about 3 days to name.

Fins March 28th, 2013 06:42 PM

The way things are going we won't have a name until the baby is born. I'm oddly ok with it because it's stressing me out trying to think of a name.

Babsbabies March 28th, 2013 06:51 PM

We don't decide names until after birth either. We usually have a short list; so far we've hardly even talked about names. At this rate, we'll be coming up with our list at the hospital!

Colliekat March 29th, 2013 07:41 AM

We are so struggling with names too. I have three that I really like but he isn't biting at any! arghh!

mariri March 29th, 2013 10:58 AM

my aunt did the same with all three, she says the names just come to her when she sees her babies

soccermamatomany March 29th, 2013 11:09 AM

I told DH today that her name is Mila until he changes it. lol

Husher March 29th, 2013 11:55 AM

I feel like the same thing is going to happen to us. I have NO clue what we're going to name this baby. It's sooooo hard to pick when we pretty much like nothing right now.