JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Stretch Marks (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2638737-stretch-marks.html)

Dandelion March 28th, 2013 06:05 PM

Those things we all love so very much. Lol

Have you gotten any this pregnancy yet?

Everything I read for 22 weeks says I might start getting them now. If I do get any, I'm no where near that point yet. My belly isn't really THAT big yet. How about you? I'm blessed with a long torso so maybe that's why. More room to grow so to speak.

If this is not your first time on the mommy train, did you get many stretch marks last pregnancy(ies)?

I got the majority of mine with dd. I ballooned with her lol so my legs, hips, backside, boobs, and low tummy. Thankfully, that was 7 years ago and they have faded to blend into my skin since I'm so fair. With ds I only gained a handful of small stripes on the lower tummy.

Here's to hoping I only get....2 or 3! Haha

Kelllilee March 28th, 2013 06:23 PM

Re: Stretch Marks

I got them with my first towards the end. I call them my zebra stripes LOL. They were vertical stripes along my belly button where my "roll" stretched straight haha. After her they faded and I haven't gotten any new ones with subsequent pregnancies. I really don't care about them anyway. It's not like I ever show my stomach.

JessKeller24 March 28th, 2013 06:29 PM

With my first I thought I was lucky and wouldn't get any, then one day around 35-37 weeks I woke up with a bunch! I didn't get any new ones with the last two kids, as my first stretched me out pretty good for being 9lbs 10ozs, lol.

Babsbabies March 28th, 2013 06:59 PM

I haven't gotten any with my last pregnancies, but I feel like if I'm going to get them, it's going to be with this pregnancy. I'm so much bigger already than I was with my first two. But hopefully it's a lot further along than 22 weeeks!

Dandelion March 29th, 2013 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2RickyRanaJavier (Post 27239537)
With my first I thought I was lucky and wouldn't get any, then one day around 35-37 weeks I woke up with a bunch! I didn't get any new ones with the last two kids, as my first stretched me out pretty good for being 9lbs 10ozs, lol.

Yea, mine didn't show up until the very end. :/ They bothered me way back when they were purple and kinda sore but now they don't.

Irishgirl99 March 29th, 2013 05:27 AM

I too thought I'd escaped during my first pregnancy, then they showed up about 36 weeks. I just got them in about 3 inch section from my belly button down. None on the sides of my belly.
I didn't get any new ones last time. They faded pretty quickly but the skin there is all icky like crepe paper now. Hoping I don't get any new ones this time

Beachbabies March 29th, 2013 05:47 AM

I got some around week 36 with Chase. They are on my hips, but faded a lot in about a year or so. I got a few new ones on my hips with Cole around week 34-35, but they have already started to fade too.

Nothing new yet! Hopefully ill make it through 3 pregnancies without too many!

BeachMum March 29th, 2013 06:11 AM

I haven't gotten any yet but I have plenty from my other pregnancies. I didn't get any with my first until towards the end and then BOOM.

yvee80 March 29th, 2013 06:24 AM

I haven't gotten any yet with this one and thought I wasn't with my DD either but around 35-36 weeks a few came up very small and light so they have pretty much turned into the color of my skin or have become very light.

mom2K&G March 29th, 2013 06:34 AM

None here...yet! :p I do have some from last pregnancy but I also have a long torso so I don't get stretch marks until later in the pregnancy. I have my cocoa butter ready! ;)

Hesperleigh March 29th, 2013 07:37 AM

I didn't really get any with Haeden and it really surprised me since I have some on my inner thighs and breasts already just from the quick puberty growth spurt I had as a teen.

KASHWORTH March 29th, 2013 06:06 PM

Nothing this time yet, with DS I had none until the last week and then I got a ton!! I was so mad!!

4littleloves March 29th, 2013 10:13 PM

With my first pregnancy I got them on my hips, thighs and a few on the boobs. Luckily they weren't in the center of my stomach so they didn't bother me much. They have faded a lot now and I didn't really get anymore with my 2nd, and 3rd pregnancies. It's weird cuz my sister got a ton all over the center of her stomach and we both gained 40lbs.

LadyGamer March 29th, 2013 11:20 PM

I'm a FTM and I feel like I started seeing stretch marks the day I got my BFP -_- It isn't pretty.

mariri March 30th, 2013 07:35 AM

i hope i dont get any, i am 22 weeks

Momma2Chase March 30th, 2013 02:46 PM

I thought I escaped my pregnancy with Chase without them and they appeared around 37 weeks! I was so shocked! Lol I didn't get a ton and they were very light so no complaints there

I'm noticing new ones already- baby girl seems to be making me expand faster lol! I showed DH them today and he said he noticed them at my doctors appointment last week lol I said "why didn't you tell me!?" And he laughed. Clearly he knows that you shouldn't mention those to your pregnant wife if she hasn't noticed yet haha

Bookreader March 30th, 2013 06:17 PM

I love you all, but hate you all a bit too. ;) With my first, I got my first handful of stretch marks at 12 weeks. I have only an inch between my last rib and my hips, though, so I carry straight out front. :) I now have a lovely fully covered tummy of stretch marks. Worth it, but I hope I don't get too many additional ones this pregnancy.

Dandelion March 31st, 2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bookreader (Post 27244110)
I love you all, but hate you all a bit too. ;) With my first, I got my first handful of stretch marks at 12 weeks. I have only an inch between my last rib and my hips, though, so I carry straight out front. :) I now have a lovely fully covered tummy of stretch marks. Worth it, but I hope I don't get too many additional ones this pregnancy.

Lol that's how I feel about people that don't get any. :P no fair lol I have them all over so don't feel bad.

alittlelost March 31st, 2013 07:48 AM

I got some in one of my pregnancies, on my knees kind of, they kinda looked like indented scars for a long time but they are completely gone now. Other than that, I've never gotten any.

I do, however, how terrible zebra-like skin from stretch marks I got the inside of my thighs from gaining weight rapidly as a teen. I also have keratosis pilaris that I pick at and it makes me look like I have chicken skin on my arms.

Maybe the grass is always greener, but I'd take stretch marks on my stomach to chicken skin on my arms, especially since I live in Florida--my stomach is almost always covered by my arms are almost always exposed.

cypressmama April 1st, 2013 09:31 AM

With DD I only got a tiny barely visible patch ( maybe 3 or 4) in my Lower left side though she was three weeks early.
And they didn't even show up till she was born. THIS time I already see more in the same area and I am terrified its gonna be way worse this go around.