JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Those with 1 or more kiddos (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2641849-those-1-more-kiddos.html)

JessKeller24 April 9th, 2013 09:26 AM

Those with 1 or more kiddos

Where will the kids be going when you have baby? Will dad be taking any time off work besides when you deliver?

My kids will either be going with my mom or my sister. My mom prefers my sister because 3 kids is a lot for her over night, haha. But its easier for my mom to get off work because she makes her own schedule. So if I deliver a Friday they will most likely stay with my sist so she on let takes one day off. If any other day they will have to stay with my mom. Either way I will have to leave my van with whoever takes them because my moms car only fits two car seats and my sister only has a SUV with one back row and with a daughter of her own they won't fit!

I'm hoping they will schedule my section for Thursday or Friday. Then dad will take off the day I deliver and the weekend and go back to work Monday, which scares me, but we need the money.

BeachMum April 9th, 2013 09:37 AM

Re: Those with 1 or more kiddos

I'm not sure yet, my aunt mentioned coming down and keeping the kids at my house for me, which would be ideal, but we'll see. Dh will go home at night to be with the kids though while I"m in the hospital. He will take some time off. Not sure how much, but I'm hoping baby comes the day before his days off so he can take off 3 days but have his 2 days off for a total of 5. We'll see on that one too.

Dandelion April 9th, 2013 09:42 AM

Kids will be with grandparents.

Colliekat April 9th, 2013 09:59 AM

If the timing works out my parents will be here from N.Ireland a few days before my due date and will be able to look after my daughter.

My husband has accrued a boat load of PTO so he is taking off a month, starting a week before my due date which will be super amazing!

Anchored April 9th, 2013 10:19 AM

NO idea! :\
Madison and Aaron can go to their moms house for a few days, but Chase is the bigger concern. I could ask his dad to come up from SC and take him for a week or so but that would be hard to coordinate since I'll have no way of knowing when I'd go in labor.
My mom and sister are both local but my mom works nights and wouldn't be able to handle a 4 year old (I can't believe he'll be 4 by then!) for a couple of days (unless she got time off). My sister is a teacher and would be off for the summer but I don't know if she'd want to have a little kid that long...

DH gets 10 days PTO from the Navy for paternity leave. But in addition to that, his boat may or may not be in the area when I'm due and if it's NOT there's a slight chance they won't fly him out and he'd get even more time at home with us

mamalamb April 9th, 2013 10:43 AM

NOt sure...probably they will be with my parents or my sisters.

Fins April 9th, 2013 12:58 PM

My daughter will be taken care of because she'll either be at the hospital with me or with her dad. I'm more worried about the dog, lol. I need someone to take care of him/feed/walk depending on how long I'm in the hospital.

Kelllilee April 9th, 2013 01:00 PM

Hanging around the house. They can choose to watch/participate in the birth or hang out in their rooms (or play outside). After the birth my mom generally takes them overnight so we can have a little "Babymoon".

Bookreader April 9th, 2013 01:28 PM

My DS will go to my mom's during labor and delivery. My DH HATES hospitals/Drs/anything medical so after a little sweet new baby time, he will head back home and pick up my DS. I prefer that, since when DH stays with me I stress that he's not getting enough sleep and I feel badly, which leads to ME not sleeping enough, which just makes everyone more miserable. :) I am excited to use the extra "alone" time at the hospital to figure out nursing twins.
DH will take off just a day or two, likely.

.H.e.a.t.h.e.r. April 9th, 2013 03:22 PM

My mom will have the kids while I deliver and Daddy will probably take a couple days off but not much.
My mom is going to help with the girls and there isn't a whole lot daddy can do for the baby in the beginning. All he'll really be good for is getting me food/drinks while i'm nursing.

JessKeller24 April 9th, 2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bookreader (Post 27271697)
My DS will go to my mom's during labor and delivery. My DH HATES hospitals/Drs/anything medical so after a little sweet new baby time, he will head back home and pick up my DS. I prefer that, since when DH stays with me I stress that he's not getting enough sleep and I feel badly, which leads to ME not sleeping enough, which just makes everyone more miserable. :) I am excited to use the extra "alone" time at the hospital to figure out nursing twins.
DH will take off just a day or two, likely.

My hospital has a policy that csection moms are not allowed to be alone with baby, just in case she falls or something, for the first 24hrs. And I hate hospitals and would not get any sleep if I was there alone. SO hates hospitals too but he deals with it cause. Make him, haha.

kjm April 9th, 2013 03:30 PM

My mom will be coming to my house to watch DS here. DH will get about 6 weeks off if he is still with his current job, no time off it he gets in with his new job.

Bookreader April 9th, 2013 04:32 PM

Lol Mom2Ricky. I really do better at the hospital if DH goes home at night. :) I haven't heard that about c-section moms, though. If that's the policy at my hospital, I may make DH stay the 24 hours so I can keep the babies with me. Right now, though, the babies are positioned perfectly for a vaginal delivery. Cross your fingers for me they stay here exactly as they are for, you know, 18 more weeks. :)

Ruthysb April 9th, 2013 06:32 PM

Don't know!! It's going to be hard to figure out. Probably have grandparents help some and then my partner will go home pretty quickly. He never stayed the night last time (except when I was in labor, which was a good 26 hours). He says he can't sleep at all, bla bla. I would rather him stay, but I guess it will work out well cause he will keep our son on a somewhat normal schedule. He will also probably not take any extra time off work, unless there is a big problem. I am thinking of trying to line up more help for me, but not exactly sure how to do it. Really I don't have anyone who is too helpful . . . especially with an infant. Oh well!

Babsbabies April 9th, 2013 08:24 PM

This is a good question! Not sure who will take care of our boys - probably some combination of my sister, my mom, my father in law or my sister in law. Everyone works and my mom's a caretaker, so we'll have to figure it out on the fly depending on the day that baby girl arrives. This will be my first baby born in the same town with family, so it should be a lot easier.

My husband will be starting a new job on August 15th. Baby is due August 7. He'll have a couple weeks off between jobs to take care of our move and get down to our new city and take a weekend business trip Aug 17th. Hopefully baby will arrive a week or so early so that my husband will be around for her first weeks instead heading off right away for his new job.

carolinashore April 9th, 2013 08:51 PM

My parents will watch the boys during the day while I'm in the hospital and DH is with me. I want him to take them home in the evenings though, to keep things as normal as possible for them. DH is taking a week off after the baby is born.