JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   baby stopped moving please help! 1st time mom! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2642661-baby-stopped-moving-please-help-1st-time-mom.html)

Nicky3696 April 12th, 2013 07:34 AM

baby stopped moving please help! 1st time mom!

Hi everyone

I really need advice this is my first pregnancy and I felt my baby move from 12 weeks, the kicking has continued to increase and he kicks round about the same time everyday. I am now 18 weeks and today there has been no movement what so ever. Usually his position changes as well ( from bottom of tummy to closer to the belly button, but today he has been lying in the same place since last night at the bottom of my tummy.) I don't know if I should be worried or if I am over reacting! But I would really appreciate any advice! Thanks so much mommies!

Tinky April 12th, 2013 07:39 AM

Re: baby stopped moving please help! 1st time mom!

Here is what L&D told me when Alex had a day of no movement. Drink a glass of oj or eat something sweet and lay on your side for half hour. OR go stand with your belly against a moving dryer. If neither works it is best to come in and get checked. he may just be having a sleepy day to get ready for a growth spurt. Please KUP and let us know if you feel him.

Nicky3696 April 12th, 2013 07:47 AM

thank you tinky, I ate quite a lot today had a chocolate and a lolly pop, 2 small packs of chips, and a fizzy drink not to healthy I know, but thought it might get my boy moving, but nothing I got home layed down for a hour. I am running up and down to the bathroom more then usual my bladder remains full. So I'm very stressed about it. Maybe he is preparing for the fast growing I really don't know. But thax 4 your help I appreciate it!

Dandelion April 12th, 2013 07:50 AM

When in doubt, call your doctor. Hope all is well

Nicky3696 April 12th, 2013 07:52 AM

Will do thanks so much

Husher April 12th, 2013 08:00 AM

Did you try the dryer thing? I know how stressful it can be when they aren't as active. Please keep us updated. :dothug:

Nicky3696 April 12th, 2013 08:18 AM

Not yet, its just strange because he already has a routine @ 7 the morning, 12, 2 o'clock in the afternoon and at night he move between 7 and 8 and then strictly 10 o clock. Today there was just no movement at all husher.

ElliotsMommy13 April 12th, 2013 08:52 AM

I have no experience as I'm a first time mom, too.. But wanted to say good luck and keep us updated. I'm hoping its just pregnancy hormones causing extra worry but the stress is no good so it can't hurt to call the doctor and have him or her ease your mind and bring you in.

As a side note.. I didn't even really feel him move until about 20-21 weeks and now he's just now being a wiggle worm at 24 weeks. If I'm in bed and I roll too far fom my side towards stomach he starts kicking to get me to move. Maybe that'll help?

BeachMum April 12th, 2013 09:08 AM

Definitely call your ob, always have the philosophy mentioned above, when in doubt, call. Welcome to the group btw, hope everything is fine and you join us regularly.

HollyNE2 April 12th, 2013 10:00 AM

Your baby could have just moved into a position that you're not able to feel him move as much. My baby did it all the time and there are still times (like yesterday) I didn't feel her all day and then as soon as I layed down for bed she starred moving like crazy.

soccermamatomany April 12th, 2013 10:26 AM

Hope all is well. I would be calling my doctor, just in case.

mirdeemrlvs April 12th, 2013 10:48 AM

I am almost 21 weeks and right about 18 weeks, I remember having two days of not feeling any "movement" or "flutters"... I think it was some kind of transition time, because after that I started feeling bigger kicks... I'm sure everything is fine, but if you need reassurance, you can see your dr.

MissCiara April 12th, 2013 11:33 AM

My doctor told me you shouldn't track movement until' 28 weeks. My baby has had plenty of lazy days and all is well with her. Try not to worry yourself hun!

kjm April 12th, 2013 06:03 PM

Have you felt the baby yet? Hope all is well!

Kayla_7602 April 12th, 2013 07:17 PM

Hope you have felt baby move!

mom2K&G April 12th, 2013 07:24 PM

I hope you felt baby move. My OB also said the same thing you shouldn't track movement until 28 weeks. My baby has gone through a few days of nothing and BAM all of a sudden he moves non stop and is healthy. *hugs*

alittlelost April 12th, 2013 08:01 PM

-eat a snack high in protein or sugar
-drink lots of water
-sit and relax
-call doctor if you are concerned
-in the meantime, remember that as baby gets bigger, they move around less. I haven't felt baby as much the last few days either, but when I feel her it's even more noticeable now. You might notice the same over the next few weeks when you do feel her move.

Tinky April 12th, 2013 08:27 PM

any pdates?

carolinashore April 12th, 2013 09:35 PM

I hope all is well! I have days where I don't feel him move, or feel very little movement.

Colliekat April 12th, 2013 09:38 PM

Right around 18 weeks, my daughter did the exact same thing and didn't move for several hours no matter what I did. I think she was going through a growth spurt, because after that I started to feel much bigger movements.

Call your OB if you are in doubt at all.