JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Have any of you ladies ever gotten a prenatal massage? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2645813-have-any-you-ladies-ever-gotten-prenatal-massage.html)

lucyinthesky88 April 24th, 2013 10:00 PM

Have any of you ladies ever gotten a prenatal massage?

So I am having a ton of pain... like all the time pain. I'm achy at best and at my worst, well... I'm nearly in tears. I've been having an issue with the right side of my lower back that goes from by back, into my hip and down my leg a little bit. I know quite a few of you ladies have mentioned that you've been experiencing some sciatica which I've never had before and I'm not sure if this is that (if that makes sense). The pain is so bad I can't get comfortable to go to sleep and I've even had to miss a couple of shifts at work because I literally cannot stand up straight.

There is therapeutic massage clinic in my area that has gotten great reviews and one of their specialties is prenatal massage. I've asked my husband SO many times to rub my back for me because it hurts but he does it for like 5 minutes and then gives up (kind of makes me want to punch him.. hard.. but I'm too nice of a wife to do that :))

So my question is this.. have any of you ladies ever gotten a prenatal massage for your pregnancy ailments and did it work?

Thanks in advance for your feedback :)

Ray88 April 24th, 2013 10:23 PM

Re: Have any of you ladies ever gotten a prenatal massage?

Yes, I got one around 20 weeks for my hip and neck pain. And I must say it's worth every penny. I left the massage parlor feeling refreshed and regenerated. I plan on getting a few more later in the third trimester close to term. Cause i heard it can help loosen your muscles and prepare you for an easier labor. Im sorry your having so much pain, and i hope getting a prenatal massage helps. *Hugs*

sharilyn April 25th, 2013 05:27 AM

I have mine scheduled for Monday! However for pain I recommend the chiropractor. I was having terrible pain in my hip, and my husband so nicely told me I'm already starting the pregnancy waddle... One appointment- 20 min- no waddle and no pain! I can actually stand up and start walking right away now lol. For me massage is just relaxing.

BeachMum April 25th, 2013 05:39 AM

I did with my first pregnancy, every week, it was actually doctor ordered :) It was wonderful and I so enjoyed it. My back was really giving me trouble with my first pregnancy and it did help.

UrbanMomma April 25th, 2013 05:43 AM

I don't like other people touching me, well, people I don't know, so I have never had a massage.
Hope it helps you out.

jam121184 April 25th, 2013 08:11 AM

See a chiropractor!!! Thereapeutic massage is good compliment to chiropractic assistance as well.

mirdeemrlvs April 25th, 2013 08:43 AM

I got a "prenatal massage" but, she obviously did not know what she was doing, because she asked me what I wanted to be comfortable on my belly. I never did get comfortable, and my neck ended up hurting worse because of the way I was laying. I also was nervous for about two days after that because my belly felt weird and I felt guilty for laying on my belly. I plan on going to another one eventually that my friends recommended, apparently, they have special pillows and know just how to place them to make you comfortable, OR, I will just lay on my side.

Momma2Chase April 25th, 2013 08:50 AM

I didn't have a prenatal massage but I saw a chiropractor for my sciatia when it was so bad... and yours definitely sounds like sciatic pain!

The chiro was amazing- they have special techniques for pregnant women and helped me so much. The pain never went away totally but it got a lot more manageable!

Also, you can talk to your Ob and they can prescribe physical therapy to help. Mine prescribed "aquatic therapy" but I didn't end up using it (went to chiro instead)

soccermamatomany April 25th, 2013 01:34 PM

I had a couple of prenatal massages when I was pregnant with my son and it was wonderful!! It really helped with my sciatica!

Babsbabies April 25th, 2013 06:13 PM

Yes! I've gotten one with each pregnancy (hoping for more than one this time around :) and loved them all. It sounds like you know of a good place - I can't imagine being disappointed. My husband mentioned mother's day today and asked if there was anything I wanted. Hands down I'd take either a house cleaning or a prenatal massage - or both! A girl can dream!

lucyinthesky88 April 25th, 2013 08:14 PM

Thanks for all of your feedback ladies. I really appreciate it :) I am going to make an appointment for tomorrow. They have a first time customer special - $49 for a 60 minute massage which is very reasonable I think. And the fact that it is a reputable place puts me at ease safety wise. Here's to hoping this helps!