JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Video Baby Monitors - Let's Discuss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2646003-video-baby-monitors-lets-discuss.html)

FL Mama April 25th, 2013 02:25 PM

Video Baby Monitors - Let's Discuss

I've been looking around, but can't decide. I have no experience with the video ones - only sound. So, what are your experiences? What do you like/dislike? School me!

alittlelost April 25th, 2013 02:33 PM

Re: Video Baby Monitors - Let's Discuss

I've never used one--no need. Baby is always with an adult.

Irishgirl99 April 25th, 2013 03:28 PM

We used a summer one with our first two kids. We switched around bedrooms after my daughter was born though and got a lot of interference on it then. Very annoying!
Absolutely loved being able to see baby at night time though and during naps if we were sitting outside. The monitor eventually wore out on it so we need a new one.
I was looking some up on Amazon the other day, I'm staying away from Summer this time in case we have the same interference problem. I'm pretty sure we're going to go with a Motorola one.

cameronzmom April 25th, 2013 04:46 PM

We had a regular sound moniter with our son and a video one with our daughter. I actually registered for a video moniter this time around BC we live in a split level house where our porch is on the 2nd floor so when we're out in the backyard we're on a different level. We didnt have much interference with the old one we had but I loaned it to my sister in law and eventually it wore out!

FL Mama April 25th, 2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cameronzmom (Post 27316721)
We had a regular sound moniter with our son and a video one with our daughter. I actually registered for a video moniter this time around BC we live in a split level house where our porch is on the 2nd floor so when we're out in the backyard we're on a different level. We didnt have much interference with the old one we had but I loaned it to my sister in law and eventually it wore out!

What brand/model did you have before? Are you going with the same one this time around? :)

ElliotsMommy13 April 25th, 2013 06:00 PM

I did TONS of research on monitors and I decided to go with the Angelcare system without the video portion. They do have them with video but it is a bit expensive. I just got the sound and movement monitor. The way it works is if the baby stops breathing, an alert goes off. I read the reviews and was soooo impressed at how many people it has helped. I plan to keep the baby in my room for a little while but still plan to use the monitor when he is older and in the crib.

Babsbabies April 25th, 2013 06:16 PM

I've never had one and never even use our regular monitor. We've only lived in small, one level houses, so baby's room is right next to ours and we can hear everything. But, one funny thing - my kids shared a room with their cousins over Thanksgiving and one family had one and they would tell their daughter to get back in bed through the monitor if they woke up too early. My 4 year old was so traumatized by the voice coming through the monitor - he still talks about it 6 months later!

BabyT_heart_beat April 25th, 2013 11:06 PM

DH is really adamant about a video monitor. Baby will be with us for the first few months then after we transition her room is across the hall. We will register for one but it's not really a neccessity. I would be just fine with the sound one. I'm still researching different brands. They are all so expensive

LadyGamer April 25th, 2013 11:39 PM

We aren't getting one. I'll have a bed in the nursery that I'll sleep in while she's a baby :)

cameronzmom April 26th, 2013 05:40 AM

I honestly can't remember which brand we had, that was almost 9 years ago :) haha!

I registered for several different ones thru Target until I can actually get to the store and view them up close :)

IvyMommy April 26th, 2013 08:28 AM

I have read Motorola is the best for less interference especially with your wifi

Kelllilee April 26th, 2013 09:04 AM

I've never used a baby monitor of any kind

FL Mama April 27th, 2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IvyMommy (Post 27318156)
I have read Motorola is the best for less interference especially with your wifi

Good to know! I have been leaning towards the Motorola's, and I can't stand interference. LOL!!

kjm April 27th, 2013 11:31 AM

We didn't use one last time, but I may register for one and see since I don't really need anything

Tinky April 27th, 2013 06:30 PM

I had one but dont remeber what it was. I like when the boys got older, that i could listen to them play without them being aware. hearing coos and ooohs when i wake up is just so sweet.

miniRazz April 28th, 2013 08:48 PM

I bought the motorola, best review

Husher April 29th, 2013 08:24 AM

We registered for this one:

Amazon.com: Motorola MBP33 Wireless Video Baby Monitor with Infrared Night Vision and Zoom, 2.8 Inch: Baby

In the past we've had the super cheap audio kind, and that worked fine for a while. Then someone gave us their really old video one and it also worked fine for a while before dying out. The baby will sleep with us for a while, but once he's in his own room I definitely feel more comfortable being able to see and hear him since our bedrooms are not that close together.

FL Mama April 29th, 2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Husher (Post 27324354)
We registered for this one:

Amazon.com: Motorola MBP33 Wireless Video Baby Monitor with Infrared Night Vision and Zoom, 2.8 Inch: Baby

In the past we've had the super cheap audio kind, and that worked fine for a while. Then someone gave us their really old video one and it also worked fine for a while before dying out. The baby will sleep with us for a while, but once he's in his own room I definitely feel more comfortable being able to see and hear him since our bedrooms are not that close together.

Ive been looking at the MBP36. Motorola seems like the nicest. We, too, will have Patti in the room with us at first, but for naps during the day and once she is in her own room I'm really liking all the features on these. :)

Husher April 29th, 2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FL Mama (Post 27324498)
Ive been looking at the MBP36. Motorola seems like the nicest. We, too, will have Patti in the room with us at first, but for naps during the day and once she is in her own room I'm really liking all the features on these. :)

We feel the same way. It's expensive, but since this is going to be our last child and we've never actually purchased one before, we figure we'll splurge a little. Target had this same monitor on sale last week and with our Target card we could have gotten it over $30 cheaper than Amazon, but we still decided to wait until closer to the due date. It wasn't easy though!