JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Update.. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2646014-update.html)

84oilymom April 25th, 2013 04:12 PM

Update..

SO I think I might have mentioned this in someone else post but I guess I did not officially update yall. So I told you guys I went back to work... I told you guys I was able to miss going to the dr this week for the first time since 6 weeks. Well I have soo much free time to post probably waaay to much because I went into preterm labor on Tuesday night. 23 weeks.
They kept me overnight stopping contractions bolus of fluids magnesium and terbutaline, I came home on Wednesday morning, back on bedrest (unpaid), with pills (really for blood pressure which I do not have but they said it also helps with contraction) to stop contractions in addition to my weekly 17p (progesterone shots)! Bahumbug!

But me and Jessiah are trying to behave so she can cook a little longer. not quite ready to take my little cupcake out of the oven :-)

ironically all contractions have not completely stopped but they are not as intense, however I think the steroids they gave this chic gave her super human powers cause she is kicking the piss out of me... literallly

alittlelost April 25th, 2013 05:27 PM

Re: Update..

I'm so sorry to hear that but so glad they were able to stop labor. I hope things clear up completely soon. Make sure you really take it easy!

Dirtroads April 25th, 2013 05:38 PM

That sounds scary! Bed rest really sucks, I pray for your sanity. I know what you mean about the kicking, my LO has a habit of hitting me in the crotch when I am walking and it HURTS.

cameronzmom April 25th, 2013 05:41 PM

So scary but glad your little one is still cooking! Take it easy!

yvee80 April 25th, 2013 06:35 PM

I know it was scary having to go through that but I am glad that things have settled down a bit hope they stop completely and baby girl can bake longer ;)!

84oilymom April 25th, 2013 07:47 PM

Thanks gals

lucyinthesky88 April 25th, 2013 08:42 PM

Thinking of you and Jessiah :) Glad things have settled a bit and wishing you lots of positive vibes right now!

kearsty20 April 25th, 2013 11:08 PM

oh no rest rest rest! hope that little one stays in there longer! must be anxious to meet the world. happy to hear they could stop contractions.

Husher April 26th, 2013 08:06 AM

Definitely stay off your feet. I'm so sorry to hear you had PTL! Please keep us updated. We're here to entertain you! :)

MissCiara April 26th, 2013 08:50 AM

I am happy they were able to control them! Praying that everything goes well for you and baby Jessiah! :-)

soccermamatomany April 26th, 2013 10:15 AM

Glad you are still cooking your little cupcake. Bed rest sucks, I went into PTL with my twins at 22 weeks. The doctor gave me Procardia (a heart med I think) to stop contractions and I felt like I was running a marathon for the remainder of my pregnancy, but the meds worked!

Good luck!!

84oilymom April 26th, 2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccermamatomany (Post 27318266)
Glad you are still cooking your little cupcake. Bed rest sucks, I went into PTL with my twins at 22 weeks. The doctor gave me Procardia (a heart med I think) to stop contractions and I felt like I was running a marathon for the remainder of my pregnancy, but the meds worked!

Good luck!!

Same here precardia its a blood pressure med but hope it does the trick.

Irishgirl99 April 26th, 2013 03:02 PM

Glad everything has settled down. Hope baby stays in a lot longer!!

mirdeemrlvs April 26th, 2013 06:26 PM

Keep that baby IN!! cross your legs... LOL:smile: .. glad your contractions stopped. Take care of yourself. We've got a little longer to go!

Fins April 26th, 2013 09:26 PM

((hugs))