JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Meds? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2646115-meds.html)

JessKeller24 April 26th, 2013 04:58 AM

Meds?

Are you taking just a prenatal or are you on anything else?

Right now I'm on a prenatal (gummy), calcium (gummy), and ursodoil for the cholestasis. I suspect after my 28 week blood draw, I'll also be on iron and since that brings lovely side effects I'll also take a stool softner. Oh I can't wait until its time to have this baby!

mom2K&G April 26th, 2013 05:05 AM

Re: Meds?

I was on Zoloft until about a week ago. Before I got pregnant I was on 3 medications altogether. I immediately stopped the other two. Zoloft is a safer drug during pregnancy, but i wanted to be completely off of it by 28 weeks. I decided to stop early. I'm having a hard time.. but Im dealing with it 1 day at a time. It's for Dominic.

So as of now I am on Pre natal and I am on extra folic acid as well.

On a side note:: I was really nervous to do the Anatomy scan, I was scared he has a birth defect from my meds.. but he is perfectly healthy and no problems at all! :D

UrbanMomma April 26th, 2013 05:53 AM

I take my gummy kids vitamin, a probiotic, liquid chlorophyll, and drink RRL tea.

mrsmckenzie1 April 26th, 2013 05:59 AM

I take 2 childrens chewables baby aspirin for clotting (i have lupus) and synthroid for my thyroid an antibiotic for suppression of my kidney infection 17p injections and most recently an additional pill for stopping contractions.
Baby is great!

BeachMum April 26th, 2013 06:08 AM

prenatal, extra vitamin D, extra folic acid and inhaler as needed.

KeLLiC09 April 26th, 2013 06:11 AM

I'm just on prenatal vitamins and tums lol

Momma2Chase April 26th, 2013 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2Gabe (Post 27317599)
I was on Zoloft until about a week ago. Before I got pregnant I was on 3 medications altogether. I immediately stopped the other two. Zoloft is a safer drug during pregnancy, but i wanted to be completely off of it by 28 weeks. I decided to stop early. I'm having a hard time.. but Im dealing with it 1 day at a time. It's for Dominic.

So as of now I am on Pre natal and I am on extra folic acid as well.

On a side note:: I was really nervous to do the Anatomy scan, I was scared he has a birth defect from my meds.. but he is perfectly healthy and no problems at all! :D

Kudos to you! I can understand how hard it must be to stop the Zoloft and I give you so much credit for putting Dominic's needs before your own! :heart:
I had to stop my Ativan as soon as I found out I was pregnant (it's not deemed safe for pregnancy :( ), and I am still suffering! I plan to breast feed so I won't be able to start it up again until after she's no longer BFing

As for medications: I take gummy vitamins, extra folic acid, and Lamictal (anticonvulsant). Wishing I could stop the Lamictal but I can't risk seizures right now.
I just got a prescription for acid reflux but I'm not sure what the name of it is (I think it's Nexium?). I haven't picked it up from the pharmacy yet

JessKeller24 April 26th, 2013 06:21 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one taking more than a prenatal. I wish all of us could just take a prenatal though!

Kelllilee April 26th, 2013 07:12 AM

prenatals, thryoid meds, and metformin for my PCOS

soccermamatomany April 26th, 2013 09:48 AM

Prenatals
Folgard
Baby Aspirin
Lovenox (shot)
Labetalol (BP med)

Fins April 26th, 2013 10:14 AM

prenatals and thyroid med. I was taking tylenol for the horrible headaches I was getting until I realized how awful it is for your liver :(

ElliotsMommy13 April 26th, 2013 10:41 AM

I am taking the prenatal and a probiotic and recently had to add a fiber supplement.. Im only doing one chewable with breakfast now but going to bump it up to do with dinner and maybe lunch after that. Don't want to fiber overload and cause gas right away. lol. Im also taking tums every once in a while when drinking a glass of almond milk doesnt work (tums causes constipation for me so trying to avoid)..

MissCiara April 26th, 2013 11:48 AM

I am taking my prenatal and the epa/dha that came with it. Also, I am taking vitamin d3.

HollyNE2 April 26th, 2013 11:55 AM

Prenatal vitamins with iron and methyldopa for my blood pressure.

round2t April 27th, 2013 05:28 PM

Prenatal and fish oil. Oh and tums for heartburn and a stool softener :p

FL Mama April 27th, 2013 05:33 PM

I usually just take my prenatals, but I came down with a chest cold earlier this week so I'm taking tylenol a couple times a day and doing nebulizers 4-5x day.

Tinky April 27th, 2013 06:24 PM

prenatal with iron, progesterone suppositories, and tylenol all the freaking time for this stupid toothache that I can't shake:( was on zoloft and nexium but stopped both months ago. I will be getting some kind of acid meds my next visit though cause of the gerd.

Dirtroads April 28th, 2013 12:17 PM

Prenatal, lebatelol for blood pressure, zantac, omeprazole and Zofran.