JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Pregnancy Hair! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2646275-pregnancy-hair.html)

MommyPenguin4 April 26th, 2013 02:44 PM

Pregnancy Hair!

Alright ladies... we all see those woman with GORGEOUS thick, flowing hair when they're pregnant but let's be honest! How many of you were lucky enough to get those gorgeous strands and how many of you are like me and got the complete opposite?!

My hair was curly/wavy and not super thick but lovely! That was actually my first "symptom" I was pregnant, I woke up one morning, showered and my hair was so limp and almost completely straight! I couldn't believe it! Ever since I've been pregnant my hair has stayed lifeless and straight... I MISS MY CURLS!! Hopefully they will come back once Baby arrives so keep your fingers crossed for me! :D

What's your hair like now?!

yvee80 April 26th, 2013 03:03 PM

Re: Pregnancy Hair!

Fortunately when I get pregnant my hair gets thicker, healthier, and grows faster

Honestlymonique April 26th, 2013 03:20 PM

With my girl pregnancies it got thicker n grew faster. With this one its just flat n not really growing.

mirdeemrlvs April 26th, 2013 03:42 PM

Flat, stringy and dry!

IvyMommy April 26th, 2013 03:44 PM

With this baby it's just flat and blah my curls aren't even cute

MommyPenguin4 April 26th, 2013 03:59 PM

Oh you two are so lucky! I wanted thick, fast growing hair so bad lol

Mine is so blah too I ended up chopping it all off! I used to have long hair but recently cut it off just above my shoulders! :O Some of my curls came back bc of the lack of weight but still NO WHERE where they used to be >_< If I had cut my hair this short before I would have ringlets! Also I thought having shorter hair would be easier when Baby comes :") Me being a first time mommy, I'm not going to have time to even comb my hair i'm sure lol

ElliotsMommy13 April 26th, 2013 04:06 PM

My hair and nails used to grow fast and stay very healthy! Now, it is growing sooo slow and even with my really good shampoo and conditioner I am getting split ends.. plus my cuticles are horrible!! Aren't nails and hair supposed to be nicer in pregnancy. lol. I sooo wish that were the case for me.. the up side= not shaving my legs as often. It grows slower now, too :)

Fins April 26th, 2013 04:16 PM

my hair is so dry and blah! My skin is horrible too. I'm definitely NOT a glowing preggo.

Momma2Chase April 26th, 2013 04:21 PM

My hair seems like it's greasier... the curls haven't really changed much, I have a mix of wave/curl. My hair grows like a weed normally so I don't see change there, and my hair also falls out a lot already so that's no differnet lol

mom2K&G April 26th, 2013 05:56 PM

I don't think the texture of my hair has changed. It has however started growing faster and my nails as well.

I do hope you get your curls back after baby is born!

BirdsWifey April 26th, 2013 09:10 PM

Mine hasn't really changed. It might have gotten a little curlier (it's already really curly) but I'm not sure if thats because I have not been using my flat iron as much haha!

LadyGamer April 26th, 2013 11:54 PM

my hair is terrible but my nails are PHENOMENAL. I'm so in love with pregnancy nails!!! I painted my nails and they are so great and strong and I wore my last polish color for 6 days with only very minor chipping, even with working and showering and every day stuff. Crazy.

Ray88 April 27th, 2013 06:00 AM

Mine is dry and brittle however it is growing fast. I hate how dry it is. It gets really hard to deal with.

BeachMum April 27th, 2013 06:20 AM

It really isn't too bad it gets even thicker and grows pretty fast and then falls out after I have the baby. Boo.

Dandelion April 27th, 2013 06:46 AM

I'll be honest and say I'm one of those hated women whose hair looks ahhmazing while pregnant. My hair is shiny and extra thick. Love it!

KASHWORTH April 27th, 2013 06:56 AM

my hair was thick thick thick before. The only hair issues I have when pregnant is that it pops up everywhere it's not supposed to!

MommyPenguin4 April 27th, 2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dandelion (Post 27320435)
I'll be honest and say I'm one of those hated women whose hair looks ahhmazing while pregnant. My hair is shiny and extra thick. Love it!

I'm so jealous!!! Lol! Glad you get to enjoy your beautiful strands though :P

MissCiara April 27th, 2013 02:48 PM

My hair texture is normally coarse but it definitely has gotten silkier and easier to manage.

mrskfet April 28th, 2013 06:05 AM

My hair has always been thick while in its natural state and that definitely hasnt changed. The only difference I really see is how easily my curls lock together :/ pretty sure that just because of the way I "style" my hair, but still annoying. Straightening it today so we'll see if it has grown!

jam121184 April 29th, 2013 08:21 AM

I've always had naturally super thick hair...and that hasn't changed with pregnancy, fortunatly :)