JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   When is Baby Most Active? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2646338-when-baby-most-active.html)

MommyPenguin4 April 26th, 2013 10:21 PM

When is Baby Most Active?

I'm starting to get a bit concerned... Baby Penguin kicks me maybe twice or three times during the day but I swear once it hits 8pm or 9pm she starts kicking and punching away! I'm concerned because does this mean she's going to be up and active at night and sleep during the day when she's born? When I wake up to go to the bathroom at night and get back in bed I can seriously count about 20 or more movements before falling back to sleep >_< Someone told me I should "shake" my belly during the day to wake her up but I just feel like that's wrong and possibly dangerous to baby! I guess if it is an indicator of her sleep cycle I will just have to get used to sleeping during the day along with her lol

How about you ladies? When is your baby the most active? :preggo:

Momma2Chase April 27th, 2013 01:57 AM

During the day our movements tend to put them to sleep and once we settle down they'll wake up- a lot of us are feeling them mainly at night right Now I thibk

mom2K&G April 27th, 2013 04:04 AM

Re: When is Baby Most Active?

Yup! During the day with us walking, moving around a lot and talking it tends to sooth baby and they sleep, once we lay down (napping or actual bed) they tend to wake up =) My DS did that when I was pregnant with him and he was born and OMG he was a fabulous sleeper!!

This one Im noticing moves pretty much constant with about an hour or two breaks in between.. so its hard for me to say when he is most active.

KASHWORTH April 27th, 2013 06:58 AM

:ditto: to what they said. It doesn't really indicate when they'll be sleeping when they're born. When they're first born they're up the same amount day and night to eat usually and don't much have a sense of day/night but they do sleep A LOT. Then after the first few weeks most babies will settle into a better schedule because you'll be playing with them all day :P

Honestlymonique April 27th, 2013 08:37 AM

Hmm mine is up all the time basically. I will say he gets way more active at night when I'm laying down. Dh said he thinks the baby don't like me lol cause whenever I do something he will let me know if he likes it or not n if not he will kick till I give up n stop doing what I was doing.

mommy_to_nico April 27th, 2013 08:48 AM

victoria likes to be up in the morning and afternoon and a lil at nite i feel her kick 5-6 times a day. getting stronger every week.

Kelllilee April 27th, 2013 09:34 AM

She's active all the time except at night. She kicks a bit when I lay down for bed, but then settles down... During the day she's usually very busy

miniRazz April 27th, 2013 10:26 AM

Late afternoon until bed time

FL Mama April 27th, 2013 11:37 AM

Mostly in the evening/night, but she usually gets in a good session around noon or so. :)

Dandelion April 27th, 2013 12:10 PM

I feel her all day long. She's a very active baby

MommyPenguin4 April 27th, 2013 02:28 PM

Glad to know most of you feel our little one's most active in the evening and at night :") She is definitely getting stronger! Sometimes she kicks me so hard I'm like, "What did I do?!! Am I sitting wrong?!" LOL! I swear she HATES it when I sit crossed legged on the couch, she almost always starts kicking me when I forget.. hope it's not because I'm squishing her! :O lol

MissCiara April 27th, 2013 02:31 PM

She is most active during the day. I hope it stays that way!

Jessmom April 27th, 2013 03:59 PM

Mine tends to be quite active during the day while I am at work and quiet around dinner time til bed time. Then up and busy again til I fall asleep. I also notice movement when I get up for the bathroom. I don't remember what my others were like its been so long.

Tinky April 27th, 2013 06:27 PM

Kman is also a 2 a day karate dancer. usually when I put the boys down for nap and try and rest myself at 1ish and again about 9 at night. Not so much when i go to bed, like my other boys.

Fins April 28th, 2013 07:46 AM

I feel him all the time when I'm sitting or laying down. If I'm walking I usually don't feel him or don't notice it. If I'm squished in a sitting position he goes bonkers like 'hey lady, give me room.' lol

He's wiggling around a lot right now. It starts as soon as I wake up. It's weird though-- I'm carrying so high but I really only feel him move low.

ElliotsMommy13 April 28th, 2013 08:42 AM

I feel him usually about 5 minutes after meals.. Then around 10pm until I fall asleep.

Norwegian mom April 28th, 2013 09:32 AM

Mine is crazy active all day long, but especially active at night time.

cameronzmom April 28th, 2013 01:37 PM

Definitely more at night then thru out the day!

carolinashore April 28th, 2013 06:16 PM

I mostly feel him in the evenings, but he stops when I go to bed.

Babsbabies April 28th, 2013 06:51 PM

Sounds really normal to me! I feel baby through the day, especially anytime I sit down. I think she's the most active in the morning when I first wake up.