JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Kidney Issues with Baby Blake (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2646750-kidney-issues-baby-blake.html)

Jhendrickson April 29th, 2013 07:49 AM

Kidney Issues with Baby Blake

Well, I will be going back for an ultrasound (at $100 a pop) every month until delivery. Blake has a kidney issue in which he holds his pee and it backs up into his kidneys. Apparently, this is a major boy issue (even later in life! ha) and quite common. But, it can cause for amniotic fluid to decrease as he isn't releasing his urine back into the fluid at a normal pace. So, they want to keep an eye on it and make sure that doesn't happen. Currently, my fluid levels are fine and he is doing great otherwise. Of course, they have to tell you this is a soft marker for Downs Syndrome. But, since my blood test came back negative (.04% chance) they are not concerned with it. It doesn't mean that the kidney issue can cause Downs, just that some Downs children have the kidney issue.

Just thought I would update you all and if anyone has extra information on this I would appreciate it!

alittlelost April 29th, 2013 07:55 AM

Re: Kidney Issues with Baby Blake

How stressful :( I hope things continue to go well despite the issue.

Husher April 29th, 2013 08:14 AM

I'm so glad to hear Blake is doing well otherwise. It's good that they caught the issue, and hopefully things improve and your fluid doesn't get too low over the next few months. Please keep us updated!

cameronzmom April 29th, 2013 09:25 AM

Oh gosh! He's already being all boy ;) lol!

I hope things are ok! I haven't heard of babies in utero holding their urine. Will keep you in my thoughts!

soccermamatomany April 29th, 2013 09:36 AM

My son had this and ultrasounds all the way through delivery showed it never got any better. That being said, my son's ultrasound at 2 months showed very little concern, so he was cleared. We were just told to watch him for signs of infection.

Good luck to you and Blake.

FL Mama April 29th, 2013 10:06 AM

I have no helpful info for you. Just wanted to say to please keep us posted!

lam April 29th, 2013 08:22 PM

I know another little boy who had this. Everything turned out a-ok. Hopefully will be the same for you and Blake.

IvyMommy April 29th, 2013 10:03 PM

I'm glad they caught it to so they can monitor it before it became a major issue . I'm glad he's doing wel

Fins April 30th, 2013 08:43 AM

keep us posted! I have never heard of this but I haven't heard of a lot of things. I hope everything continues to go well!

Kayla_7602 April 30th, 2013 12:18 PM

No helpful info, glad they can monitor it though!