JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Baby care products... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2646802-baby-care-products.html)

BabyT_heart_beat April 29th, 2013 09:47 AM

Baby care products...

Anyone BTDT mommies have any faves?I have been looking at some and it seems that wherever you look there is some dangerous chemical in EVERYTHING<_<. As a FTM I may be prematurely being sucked into the hype of all things natural and even when I check the sites for chemical free baby products it's all things I have never heard of and not easily accessible. What if I need something in the middle of the night?? It's a bit overwhelming. Can any of you other ladies shine some light on any good products.

Anchored April 29th, 2013 09:55 AM

Re: Baby care products...

I used the California Baby brand stuff- but it's pretty expensive :\ I only used it because an aunt bought me a lot of it

This time I have no idea what to use, after reading that stuff about Johnson

ElliotsMommy13 April 29th, 2013 09:55 AM

I was super worried about all the chemicals and wanted some natural items.. come to find out that the "natural" items also had the same chemicals, smelled horrible, or cost a fortune.. I decided that Johnson and Johnsons was good enough for tons and tons of babies I just bought some night time wash and lotion for bedtime, daytime wash and lotion for morning lotion and daytime clean ups, and even the soothing baby vapor bath in case he gets a cold. I would rather have a bottle of each before than trial and error with tons of natural products.. I know Im no help.. but I did feel the same way as you before I just gave up and decided not to stress it. I would not be opposed to some product reviews, though so I could switch later on.

BabyT_heart_beat April 29th, 2013 09:58 AM

I know I never really see anyone using the baby lotion in the pink bottle anymore that smells oh so good. I looked into Aveeno baby but as good as it sounds there was some awful reviews on it. IDK!!

UrbanMomma April 29th, 2013 10:40 AM

I don't really use many baby products. I make my own baby wipes if I need them. I don't use soap or shampoo on lil ones, they never really need more than warm water. If they do need some lotion I use my Lubriderm Seriously Sensitive. I am a "minimalist" though, LOL, so really no help either.

Lemon April 29th, 2013 10:49 AM

Due date crashing, but we use California Baby stuff. It is expensive, but you don't need much for a bath. A bottle lasts a while. I buy it on Amazon or at Target in a pinch.

I've also used I scented Burt's Bees and like it.

mommy_to_nico April 29th, 2013 11:05 AM

i buy johnson & johnson honey apple baby wash, that & vanilla oatmeal are the only ones that don't have quaternium 15 in it. i have always used it with my son , he can't use any other body wash b/c he breaks out with other products. i can only use vani cream which is 25 dollars for 6 bars or trader joes vegtable soaps.

mom2K&G April 29th, 2013 12:20 PM

I LOVE Aveeno! My DS has always had extremely sensitive skin and we were having the hardest time finding something that wasn't harsh. I started using Aveeno body wash and lotion and no more problems! Plus its only lightened scented.. but it smells amazing!

miniRazz April 29th, 2013 12:33 PM

SO and I both have sensitive skin so I'm sure Matteo will as well so we are using Aveeno

FL Mama April 29th, 2013 03:18 PM

I came across this doing a little research myself:

Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database | Environmental Working Group

I used to use (when my boys were babies) Baby Bee by Burt's Bees, Aveeno, and Dr Bronner's. Apparently Johnson & Johnson (makers of Aveeno) have decided to remove the toxic stuff and they are now better than even Burt's Bees. I'll be using this site from now on before I buy anything.

yvee80 April 29th, 2013 03:29 PM

I used Aveeno for my D will probably use the same this time!

Bookreader April 29th, 2013 06:26 PM

DS had REALLY sensitive skin (just like his mama). I used Cetaphil wash and lotion or Vanicream products. Now that he's a little older, I use Dove Sensitive skin bar soap in the bath and plain petroleum jelly for moisturizer afterward.

KASHWORTH April 29th, 2013 06:56 PM

I hear people say things about Johnsons but I have never read into it really.. We use it and it's fine for us..

carolinashore April 29th, 2013 07:38 PM

My second DS has eczema, and we switched to Aquaphor's baby wash for him. I'll use the same with this baby.

mamalamb April 29th, 2013 09:00 PM

We have ways used Johnsons head to toe baby wash at first, and then I like the lavendar scented one and also the vapor bath for when they are sick, most of the time when we are passed te newborn stage I buy the target brand of those. We will do the same for Max, most likely. I hadn't heard of anything poisonous in J&J...??? It's always worked great for us!

Honestlymonique April 29th, 2013 09:12 PM

Since every baby born in my family breaks out when u use baby products (Dh tried Johnson baby bath on dd1 n sure enough she broke out n a rash too) we stick to dove stuff.

BabyT_heart_beat April 29th, 2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrbanMomma (Post 27324922)
I make my own baby wipes if I need them..

I am totally wanting to do this. I am trying to think of the most effecient way to make that work.

Jhendrickson April 30th, 2013 05:27 AM

I love the MDMoms line...smells incredible and made by pediatricians!

https://www.mdmoms.com/?