JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Rocking chairs/gliders/overstuffed chair rockers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2646976-rocking-chairs-gliders-overstuffed-chair-rockers.html)

IvyMommy April 29th, 2013 09:55 PM

Rocking chairs/gliders/overstuffed chair rockers

Anyone have any raves about any ? Or if you have one post a pic ? I can't decide one day I want a glider the next day I want a big stuffed chair rocker....it doesn't help that it's hard to find a navy or a white one to go with my nursery....I found one at pottery barn but can't justify tht much on a chair and ottoman for a nursery

cameronzmom April 30th, 2013 05:21 AM

Re: Rocking chairs/gliders/overstuffed chair rockers

I'm in the market too :)

Husher April 30th, 2013 05:46 AM

Ooops! We had this old ratty stuffed rocking chair that we had inherited from my DH's grandfather. It was really, really ugly and was falling apart, but sooooo comfortable. We just threw it away about a year ago and now I'm panicking thinking about how much we'll have to spend to get another one.

ElliotsMommy13 April 30th, 2013 07:43 AM

I already had my amazing rocker glider recliner chair.. but its already difficult getting myself out of some because you just get sucked into its comfyness.. sooo, I decided that it would be bad for a nursery with a baby in my arms.. I ended up buying this one: Amazon.com: Stork Craft Hoop Glider and Ottoman Set, Espresso/Beige: Baby because it was one of the least expensive ones with great reviews. Plus, from amazon so I got free shipping. Assembly was super easy and its actually comfortable. Well worth it in my opinion.

Jessmom April 30th, 2013 10:36 AM

I had a glider with an ottoman that I bought with my first. It's 16 years old and still the most popular seat in our house. Starting to squeak a bit. I highly recommend it.

LadyGamer April 30th, 2013 11:07 AM

I'm getting a gliding rocker Lazyboy!! I'm soo excited :) Don't have which picked out yet though.

FL Mama April 30th, 2013 12:32 PM

Charleston Upholstered Convertible Rocker | Pottery Barn Kids

That's not my exact one, but it's pretty similar (they don't seem to make mine anymore). I bought it when I was preggo with #1, and we've gotten a lot of use out of it and it's still going strong. The only thing I'm bummed about is that they made different colored slip covers for my model, but since they don't make it anymore I can't get a new one. :(

Hesperleigh April 30th, 2013 01:21 PM

I had something similar to this one for Haeden. I gave it to my mom afterwards though and her animals pretty much ruined it. I prefer the look of these (looks better in person than in the picture) to the wooden ones and I think it can be used in another part of the house later. I don't have room for it since the kids are going to share, but my MIL is giving us a chair that rocks and we're putting it in the living room. My one bit of advice is to scotch guard the heck out of it because all kinds of junk is going to get all over it!

Newco Hannah Glider - Coffee Pebble - NEW Corp - Babies "R" Us

Babsbabies April 30th, 2013 03:50 PM

I have a glider rocker that I got before my oldest son was born. I think the brand is Dutailer, or something like that. Here is the brand at Target:
Dutailier : gliders & ottomans : Target

I paid $30 for it along with an ottoman (that we never use) and I'm still floored at what a good deal it was. I recovered the seats as it was very pink, along with the help of my seamstress mom, and probably put $40 into fabric.

I still sit in it to read to my boys every day. I do love the look of the upholstered chair rockers, but I'm happy with what I have. If I could change one thing, I'd make it a little taller - I can't really lean my head back as nicely as you can in newer models (I'm guessing it's at least 7 years old).

Maybe check your area's craigslist?