JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   AND some good news, finally! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2647268-and-some-good-news-finally.html)

Anchored April 30th, 2013 09:32 PM

AND some good news, finally!

We put an offer in on a house yesterday... and they accepted it! :o We were shocked, we were both totally prepared for a counter offer because our realtor told us to offer them 15k under asking price AND for them to pay closing costs.

He called us tonight and told us they accepted it... on one term: We can't close until June 26.

That wouldn't be SO bad but we're closing on OUR house on May 31 :\ lol

So that leaves me and the kids "homeless" for about a month... we have family to stay with, so that's okay but the biggest issue is I will literally have no help moving out of this house OR moving into the new one. DH will be out to sea again during those times...

So YAY for accepting, but BOO on making me have to figure out alternate plans lol

Bookreader April 30th, 2013 09:45 PM

Re: AND some good news, finally!

Congrats on the sale and accepted offer; that stinks about the dates, though.
We had a similar situation when we bought our house. We ended up renting a storage unit for a month and living at the in-laws for that month. We only took what we absolutely had to have for that month, and packed the rest of our things in the storage unit. It worked really well, because then I didn't feel like we "moved" twice.
Sorry your DH will be away, though. That makes things even more tough! :(

Honestlymonique April 30th, 2013 09:45 PM

So glad ur offer got accepted!! My family loves to lay on a good guilt trip to get people to do what they want. U should try it

ElliotsMommy13 April 30th, 2013 10:02 PM

overall seems like AMAZING news based on the headache from the other house issues! I hope you have help with the moves, though.

mamalamb April 30th, 2013 10:10 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's wonderful!!!!!!!!

We were homeless for about 6 weeks while trying to close our house, too. We ended up going one more month on our apartment (which was REALLY expensive), and THEN we STILL weren't closed because of some new liens that came up on the house from the HOA, so we had to do an additional WEEK, gah! We had all our stuff in storage except the stuff we needed to live day to day, it was definitely not fun, but soooooooooo worth it for our house :)

yvee80 May 1st, 2013 01:30 AM

Wow that's great!!! It will all work out with the moving so don't worry :)!

alittlelost May 1st, 2013 07:01 AM

great news, minus the time you will spend in limbo!

Fins May 1st, 2013 07:46 AM

congrats! At least that is a load off your back :) Sorry for the timing issues though. For moving help (I've had to move by myself a zillion times) there are online services that moving companies will bid on your move so you can get them to do all the work for pretty darn cheap. I forget what the site is called to put in your 'job' for bid but if you want I can go back through my emails and find it for you.

miniRazz May 1st, 2013 08:51 AM

That's so exciting!!! CONGRATS!!! Not so much the part of having to figure things out for a month, hope you are able to find some good help cause you shouldn't be doing too much a month before your sweet little girl arrives :)

FL Mama May 1st, 2013 08:51 AM

Congrats! How exciting!

cameronzmom May 1st, 2013 09:48 AM

It'll work out :) Congrats on the new house!!

Anchored May 1st, 2013 10:06 AM

Thanks everyone!
Having a busy morning calling around to storage centers and movers, etc! Hoping to find the best deal

soccermamatomany May 1st, 2013 10:39 AM

Congratulations on finding a house and having your offer accepted!! Good luck with moving and the in-between time! (((hugs)))