JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Moving While Pregnant- Avoid At All Costs!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2649299-moving-while-pregnant-avoid-all-costs.html)

sapphire116 May 9th, 2013 07:27 AM

Moving While Pregnant- Avoid At All Costs!!

So my husband and I closed on our 1st house last month, which was stressful enough by itself. Since our lease is up May 31st in our apartment, I thought moving would be a piece of cake. I was wrong.

The last 3 weeks have consisted of nothing except going immediately from work to the new house to construct furniture, paint walls, clean up the yard, etc. Then we go back to our apartment and pack, and pack, and pack. I'm EXHAUSTED when I hit the pillow, and wake up only to do it all over again. Tomorrow is our big moving day, and then I'll get to look forward to unpacking.

My mom had knee replacement surgery yesterday and I've been stressing over that. At least I have a superstar husband who has tackled all the heavy, dirty jobs and has generally just been amazing. But take my word for it...DON'T MOVE WHILE PREGNANT IF YOU CAN HELP IT!

Bookreader May 9th, 2013 10:19 AM

Re: Moving While Pregnant- Avoid At All Costs!!

When I was pregnant with DS, we moved THREE TIMES. The last time was just 3 weeks before i delivered. I told DH I refused to move again until my next pregnancy. Lol.

Momma2Chase May 9th, 2013 12:06 PM

I feel your pain! We're selling our home AND buying a new one-- our current house closes on 5/31... and we close on the NEW one on 6/26! We are moving out next week though because my husband is going to be out to sea for both the closing dates and I won't have help moving out (or in), so 6 weeks with NO home at all. I'll be sleeping on my sister's floor for those 6 weeks... exciting! ;)

Can't wait to get this all over with!

Babsbabies May 9th, 2013 12:10 PM

I hear you! We're moving in late July.

mom2K&G May 9th, 2013 01:42 PM

I totally understand!! We just moved into a bigger house and we still have odds and ends back at the old one and cleaning to do. I am so exhausted everyday!! Thank gosh for DH who did all the heavy stuff and took the brunt of it. There is just still so much to put away and organize over here.. Honestly Im in no rush to get it all done. lol

sharilyn May 9th, 2013 06:36 PM

Hope your mom is doing well!
We're moving soon, yuck... The movers will be here next Sunday and Monday, I'm just so glad they will be doing all the work- I'm just supervising! We're adding 500 miles to our move by visiting my parents before to head out west for the 1200 miles to the house...

MyFantasticFour May 9th, 2013 06:39 PM

Add us to that list also! We may be relocating several states away! I've been packing for a couple of weeks now and not being able to nest is KILLING me!!

BirdsWifey May 9th, 2013 10:42 PM

We moved to a different state when I was 33 weeks! The whole move I was like what the hell were we thinking lol!

BabyT_heart_beat May 9th, 2013 11:54 PM

Totally already been there 2 weeks ago. I didn't do much moving but I did help bring clothes in and even after one trip I was panting and my heart was racing. I was like good grief I will NEVER do this again. So I know exactly what you mean.

sapphire116 May 13th, 2013 06:24 AM

So we had planned to move on Saturday and had enlisted 10 friends to help....only to find out the forecast was for rain, HAIL, and gust winds! So we hired some guys off Craigslist to come on Friday instead. I did my glucose tolerance test at 8 am, went to another OB appointment at 10 am across town, raced back home to meet the movers, and directed the move by my lonesome while my husband was at work.

On Saturday we had about 5 friends and family help us move the few little boxes that were left, and help start unpacking. We spent ALL day Saturday and Sunday getting the house together, and my pitting edema was back in full force. We're talking thumb print lasting for 4+ minutes on my ankles no problem. The house is still a mess. I'm back at work today and ready to crash. Think the baby will be okay with 3 cups of coffee this morning? :-P (J/K! Only 1 so far)

On a side note, my mom's knee replacement went well and she avoided an ICU stay (unlike when she had her hip replacement 6 months ago). I'd call this weekend a success!