JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Front/back double strollers... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2651879-front-back-double-strollers.html)

BeachMum May 20th, 2013 08:54 AM

Front/back double strollers...

I have a jogger so I'm wanting a front and back double stroller that I can keep in my van and can take out when shopping, etc for my bigger boys (I will wear baby girl), which one are you eyeing/buying or have that you recommend OR don't recommend?

mamalamb May 20th, 2013 09:46 AM

Re: Front/back double strollers...

Last time i had a Graco duoglide, it was nice and I did like it a lot, it was a heavy stroller though!!!

This time around I decided to go with a Sit N Stand double :)

kjm May 20th, 2013 10:08 AM

Following this because I need one too..

cameronzmom May 20th, 2013 10:08 AM

I bought this GRACOBABY - Ready2Grow and my only complaint is its HEAVY! lol! It turns ok, the kids are super comfy, I love that one faces me (the smaller of the two!)

BeachMum May 20th, 2013 10:24 AM

I'm thinking this one, I like that I can change the seats:
Amazon.com: Contours Options LT Tandem Stroller, Crimson Red: Baby

I also keep hearing from friends how great the Phil & Teds stroller is, BUT there isn't much basket space and well I really will want basket space with how many kids I have with me all the time.
Amazon.com: Phil and Teds Navigator Stroller with Doubles Kit (Sky): Baby

cameronzmom May 20th, 2013 10:25 AM

The Phil and Teds stroller is cool but I'd be weirded out that one baby sits almost on the ground. How strange.

BeachMum May 20th, 2013 10:35 AM

camzmom, I'm the sameway, ALL my friends that have it LOVE it, but I just don't know, I haven't really tried it out either though.

alittlelost May 21st, 2013 08:52 AM

We had the graco duoglide and it was FANTASTIC.

mommy2skyty May 21st, 2013 10:10 AM

We have a contours by kolcraft double stroller and it was great for outdoor trips but it is really long! It is nice that the seats can be switched around too! It was too big for shopping trips though.

MyFantasticFour May 21st, 2013 10:54 AM

I have a Graco DuoGlider that I'm selling. I hate it but it was cheaper at the time. If I could find one used in my area I'd buy a Phil And Teds I think. I ended up just buying a single stroller this time, a Zooper Waltz, because my husband refuses the $400 strollers lol. There are sales on albeebaby.com

Babsbabies May 21st, 2013 06:37 PM

When my second was born, I really wanted to like the Phil and Ted, but after we tried it I was glad we didn't buy one. Like you, I have several friends that really like them, but my husband and I are both tall (5'10" and 6'3") and I found that my knees would hit the back seat as I walked. Very annoying! Also, when you have it set up so that the baby is laying like in a bassinet (they are in the main seat fully reclined) and the second seat goes over top of the main seat, since you aren't supposed to have the heavier kid in the back seat, if that makes sense), my older son's head was all smashed up into the shade and he was only 20 months at the time. We ended up just getting a double Bob and only using that. I never take my kids shopping in a mall or anywhere really besides places that have shopping carts, so we never use our stroller in that sort of setting.

I have thought about getting a Joovy caboose ultralight. I know a lot of people who have those. They are a sit and stand. But, I don't have one and couldn't really comment on how well they move.

BeachMum May 25th, 2013 08:35 AM

Ok we shopped a lot for doubles yesterday and this was our favorite:
Contours Optima Tandem Stroller - Berkeley - Contours - Babies "R" Us

It rolled great, was easy to push with kids in and around aisles, collapsed smoothly and was pretty small when collapsed.

We also liked this one:

Graco Ready2Grow LX Stand & Ride Stroller - Odyssey - Graco - Babies "R" Us

but my favorite was the first one listed.

I still want to try my friend's Phil & Ted, but I don't think it will change my mind because I LOVE the big basket that the strollers we tried had.