JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   More issues with Blake (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2653022-more-issues-blake.html)

Jhendrickson May 23rd, 2013 04:24 PM

More issues with Blake

Well the fluid in the kidneys is still an issue, but minor, and quite frankly nothing compared to the other issue he has. I went for my 27 weeks ultrasound and they found that he had varix which means the varicose veins that run through the umbilical cord are being strained due to the fact that the umbilical cord is smaller where it attaches to the baby and larger on the inside. The cord is supposed to be the same width in and out of the baby. Due to the extra strain on the veins (bc the cord is smaller), the baby could have less oxygen/nutrients coming through.

Right now, he is in the 70% for weight and size. He's gaining well and looking fine oxygen and blood flow wise. But, starting in a month they want to monitor me weekly with a non-stress test to make sure the blood flow and oxygen are still ok. At any appointment, (weekly) they could send me to be induced or have a C-section due to low oxygen to the baby. He said I will not makeit to term as that isnt safe. I'm terrified. I hate the idea of all the unknown and of course they threw out the word stillbirth as an increased odd, which sent me right over the edge. If you have any information on this I would greatly appreciate it.

mom2K&G May 23rd, 2013 04:30 PM

Re: More issues with Blake

I wish I had some good advice/information, but I don't have any. I just want to send prayers and HUGS to you and Blake. I hope that everything turns out good!! Thinking of you!

Fins May 23rd, 2013 04:32 PM

I don't have any information but just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you! It sounds like they are going to monitor it closely. ((hugs))

UrbanMomma May 23rd, 2013 04:35 PM

I also don't know anything about that, but want to offer prayers for you and baby Blake!

alittlelost May 23rd, 2013 04:45 PM

Oh my gosh, how terrifying. You are being so strong through it all. sounds like he is doing really well despite the prognosis. I hope he continues to do well and can stay baking as long as possible.

MommyPenguin4 May 23rd, 2013 04:47 PM

I don't have any information which I'm sure you don't want to hear but like the other ladies I just want you to know you and Blake are in my thoughts and prayers! I'm glad your doctor is having you come in weekly to monitor Blake and make sure he's getting the oxygen he needs.

I can't imagine how tough this is for you and your family right now. I too can't stand things up in the air. I'm the type of person where I would rather know the outcome even if it's not good news than be left in the dark just waiting and worrying. Just know there's nothing you can do besides TRYING your hardest not to stress. Keep your mind busy and we're all here for you if you need to talk or vent or anything! <3

Jessmom May 23rd, 2013 05:10 PM

Sorry you are going thru this. Thoughts and prayers to you and Blake.

cameronzmom May 23rd, 2013 05:14 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that :( I'll keep you both in all my thoughts and prayers. <3

Anchored May 23rd, 2013 05:26 PM

I'm so sorry to read this! :( I don't know much about this condition either, unfortunately.

Thankfully they caught it and the doctors will be watching it/him closely!

mamalamb May 23rd, 2013 05:27 PM

(((Hugs))))

I don't have experience with that, but my placenta with DD1 began to age, separate partially, and not functioning that great starting at about this time. It did cause her to have IUGR and I had once a week appointments and twice a week NSTs to monitor her growth and the function of everything. At 35 weeks she failed an NST, and the u/s showed a marked decrease in placenta function so I was induced. She did pretty well, she did do some NICU time for feeding and jaundice issues and she had some trouble maintaining her temperature in an open crib, but overall did well and she is totally fine today! It was really scary though, I'm sorry you have to deal with all that.

I will be praying for you guys!!!

soccermamatomany May 23rd, 2013 07:53 PM

I'm so sorry you got such news today. It sounds like your doctor is going to be watching Blake closely which is good. I hope and pray everything works out and you can have a healthy baby at the end. Hugs. Hang in there.

KASHWORTH May 23rd, 2013 08:14 PM

Oh no.. I don't have any information but want to offer a virtual big hug :bighug: I'm sure everything will be fine with him, it's good that they will be monitoring you weekly.

ElliotsMommy13 May 23rd, 2013 08:35 PM

Im so sorry for the uncertainty and for the scary use of the "s" word!! I think it is great you are aware of it and being monitored for it, though. Keep us updated. Blake is in our thoughts and prayers

Dandelion May 24th, 2013 12:08 AM

I just wanted to say I hope everything turns out okay and that Blake can stay baking for as long as possible. I'm sorry you guys are having to worry.
:dothug:
We are here for you if you need to talk.

Ray88 May 24th, 2013 03:07 AM

Hugs.... Im sorry you have to worry. And im glad Blake is okay for now and my thoughts and prayers are with you and baby Blake that everything turns out okay.

yvee80 May 24th, 2013 04:14 AM

So sorry that you are going through this you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

FL Mama May 24th, 2013 05:33 AM

So sorry to hear this! Hoping and praying that baby Blake will get through this. I'm sure everything will work out fine. Please keep us posted.

Beachbabies May 24th, 2013 05:59 AM

Thinking and praying for baby Blake and you. I hope he can keep baking a while longer. Please try to find some comfort in how fantastic modern medicine is when it comes to premature babies. I was blown away at all of the miracles and success stories I heard while staying at the hospital having my complications with Cole.

I am so glad they are monitoring you closely. Your doc sounds very proactive. Big HUGS mama and please keep us posted.

Kayla_7602 May 24th, 2013 06:03 AM

How scary :( I have no advice, but you will both be in my T&P!

Hesperleigh May 24th, 2013 06:49 AM

You are so strong, Mama! I will be praying and sending good juju for you both. I can't imagine how scary it is. Nobody deserves to have this much stress in a pregnancy!