JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Mom of the Week, May 24-30: Kaisia (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2653157-mom-week-may-24-30-kaisia.html)

KASHWORTH May 24th, 2013 07:40 AM

Mom of the Week, May 24-30: Kaisia

This week's lovely MOTW is Kaisia!

Here is some information about Emily!

Name: Emily
Location: South Korea (but from Kansas and moving back to Virginia when we're done here)
Due Date: Aug. 26
Boy? Girl? Team Green?: Girl

Now it's your turn! Ask Emily anything! You can even ask her to share pictures, if she's able to! :)

AprylLynn May 24th, 2013 07:56 AM

Re: Mom of the Week, May 24-30: Kaisia

What is your favorite color?

Do you have any pets?

What is your favorite food?

Lets see your favorite shoes. Or what are your favorite to wear?

MommyPenguin4 May 24th, 2013 11:12 AM

What's your favorite animal and why?!! :D

Kaisia May 24th, 2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AprylLynn (Post 27391844)
What is your favorite color?

Do you have any pets?

What is your favorite food?

Lets see your favorite shoes. Or what are your favorite to wear?

Blue, though I'm partial to certain shades of green too.

This is a hard one for me right now. We lost the little guy in my avatar to old age a month ago. We'd had him with us for more than six years and he was a big (though often very annoying) part of the family. Happy news, though: in two weeks, we'll be adopting a new dog! He's a total sweetie and very good with kids, so I know he'll make a good big brother. Will post pics once we bring him home, because he's also super cute.

Anything chocolate! As far as a specific food, good homemade mac & cheese. That first part is important because otherwise it can be awful. And yes, I might as well be 5. :P

Yeah...you don't want to see them. I spend most of my time in my sneakers and they're getting pretty beat up and kind of gross. Buying new ones is on my to-do list. I have really messed up feet, so almost all other shoes are really uncomfortable. Sadly, tying my shoes is the thing I'm having the most trouble doing so far because of the belly!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyPenguin4 (Post 27392502)
What's your favorite animal and why?!! :D

This is hard because I'm so indecisive and have a total soft spot for pretty much all animals. But since becoming a "dog person" (because my husband is very allergic to cats), I've learned to really appreciate the special bond dogs and humans have had for so many years together. So I'll go with dogs as my favorite!

MommyPenguin4 May 24th, 2013 05:23 PM

Mmmmm mac and cheese..... Now I really want some lol

Kaisia May 28th, 2013 03:30 AM

Bumping my own post 'cause I want to answer more questions! I'm on vacation right now but still have internet access, so let's here 'em! :D

Dandelion May 28th, 2013 06:17 AM

Have you been eating healthy this pregnancy? Lol

What's one "bad" for you food you give into?

Cravings?

What's the thing you look forward to the most after baby is here?

Can we see a recent picture of you? (Face included!) :)

AprylLynn May 28th, 2013 06:34 AM

Do you have a show your into watching that your embarrassed to admit?

What is it? hehe

What is your favorite time of the year?

What has been the hardest part of this pregnancy?

What has been the easiest part of this pregnancy?

What are you looking forward to in June?

Hesperleigh May 28th, 2013 06:37 AM

What kind of music do you like?

What's your guilty pleasure?

How did you end up in South Korea? Military? How much longer will you be there?

Kaisia May 30th, 2013 07:57 AM

Finally have more than a couple of minutes online!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dandelion (Post 27399088)
Have you been eating healthy this pregnancy? Lol

What's one "bad" for you food you give into?

Cravings?

What's the thing you look forward to the most after baby is here?

Can we see a recent picture of you? (Face included!) :)

Umm, kind of? I eat lots of healthy things--lots of fruits, veggies, whole grains, etc. But I also have a major sweet tooth that I have been indulging. I wasn't gaining much weight at first so figured it was OK. I have to be more careful the rest of the pregnancy, though, since I am gaining weight now. But that starts after vacation!

Donuts!

Haven't really had many cravings. Usually it's just whatever I see that sounds good. Like when walking around downtown the past couple of days, my husband kept laughing because I would see some food and want it so bad. But I was good and didn't stop at the cupcake or ice cream shop!

I think getting to know her and her personality. We're really curious what she'll be like.

This is very recent (yesterday, 27w2d) in the park my husband and I got married in. Our sixth anniversary is next Monday, so I made him come take pictures there with me (but I don't think he'd appreciate me posting the one with him in it).
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...9.jpg~original

Quote:

Originally Posted by AprylLynn (Post 27399129)
Do you have a show your into watching that your embarrassed to admit?

What is it? hehe

What is your favorite time of the year?

What has been the hardest part of this pregnancy?

What has been the easiest part of this pregnancy?

What are you looking forward to in June?

Yeah, I've gotten kind of into The Voice. Just embarrassed because I usually won't watch reality TV at all and am totally not into any pop-type music.

Fall. Not a fan of being super hot or cold, and my allergies are awful in the spring, so that narrows it down!

Oh, these are difficult ones to answer! I think sleeping has been the hardest part. I love sleep, and being unable to do it comfortably straight through the night is maddening. Though if you'd asked a few months ago, I would have definitely complained about morning sickness!

The easiest part would probably be my work situation. Any other time, I know this pregnancy would be harder, but I'd only been working part-time, my boss is crazy excited that I'm pregnant and super protective of me, and my job ended last week so I get the summer off anyway.

Probably my baby showers, because even though I usually hate being the center of attention, it's nice every once in a while! Also very excited that we'll be bringing home a new doggy in a couple of weeks and he's a total sweetie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hesperleigh (Post 27399136)
What kind of music do you like?

What's your guilty pleasure?

How did you end up in South Korea? Military? How much longer will you be there?

Not the most common stuff--folk, celtic, jazz. It's what I grew up with and it really stuck. I usually don't particularly care for most of what I'd hear on the radio.

This probably goes back to my sweet tooth. Sugar is my vice, and I have definitely had to sneak it in throughout my life because I know I shouldn't have it!

Hubby works with the military but as a civilian, so it's a similar situation while we're there except we live off-post and actually got to choose to go there and when we go home. We've got three years total and will be moving back to Virginia in August of 2014, so when the baby is a year old.

Phew! I think that's it so far. :)