JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   BH Contractions (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2653225-bh-contractions.html)

BabyT_heart_beat May 24th, 2013 10:33 AM

BH Contractions

I Know there Was A RecenT TopiC On This and I Commented That I Wasnt Sure I Had Any Because I Didn'tKnow What They Are SuPposed To Feel Like Well......I KNOW NOW!!!!! They Are So Uncomfortable:mad:I Hav Been Having A Lot The Last Few Nights That Are Causing My Back To JusT Ache. They Mostly Come At Work When I Feel Overwhelmed And Stressed. i Try Not To Stress But We Had A Terrible Day Yesterday And My Stomach Stayed In Knots And My Back Was Literally On Fire.

OF Course I Freaked Out. Called The Dr. ShE Said To Take It Easy(Called Off Work) AndTo Go In If They Got More Frequent Or More Painful. They Settled Once I Got Home And Layed Down For Awhile But That Scared Me. With My Job Sometimes I Can't Just Walk Away And Kick back Especially With A night Like Last Night. AnyonE Else Had Them Like That? I Am Terrified And Keep Analyzing Every Little Twinge. Hoping They Don't Lead To Something Else.:(

Dandelion May 24th, 2013 10:39 AM

I've definitely been having contractions the last couple of days. I'm not sure if they've been real or just Braxton hicks. They've been painful and I actually had to tell myself hey...go lay down. So I lay down, drink a bottle of water, and they go away.

carolinashore May 24th, 2013 10:44 AM

Re: BH Contractions

I've been getting them a lot lately too. I've noticed if I drink water, and rest for a few minutes, they tend to go away.

MommyPenguin4 May 24th, 2013 10:47 AM

I think I've been starting to have them too but only in my back. They're not as painful as you described but more of a tight, aching feeling. Last night they would come on when I tried to lay on my back so I would sit up and BF would rub my back until it went away and so I drank some water and laid on my left side like I have read to do and it went away no problem.

It definitely sounds like you need to take it easy and relax more but I know that can be impossible with jobs so if it were me I would talk to my manager about it so if you do need to take a 5 minute break, they understand what's going on. Your health and baby's health is more important! Have you tried relaxation techniques while working? Like simple things that take only a few moments like deep breathing or closing your eyes and visualizing? It can take literally 10 seconds and might help in bringing your stress down a bit :)

BabyT_heart_beat May 24th, 2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyPenguin4 (Post 27392404)
I think I've been starting to have them too but only in my back. They're not as painful as you described but more of a tight, aching feeling. Last night they would come on when I tried to lay on my back so I would sit up and BF would rub my back until it went away and so I drank some water and laid on my left side like I have read to do and it went away no problem.

It definitely sounds like you need to take it easy and relax more but I know that can be impossible with jobs so if it were me I would talk to my manager about it so if you do need to take a 5 minute break, they understand what's going on. Your health and baby's health is more important! Have you tried relaxation techniques while working? Like simple things that take only a few moments like deep breathing or closing your eyes and visualizing? It can take literally 10 seconds and might help in bringing your stress down a bit :)

I Have Tried That And The Only Way I Can Get That 10 Second Is Going To The Bathroom And Then I Still Hear Them Calling My Name Over The Intercom. <_<. I Try Hiding In The ClosetS Too. I Will Definitely Make It A Point To Step Away And Make Them Figure Out There Own Problems. Is That Mean??

MommyPenguin4 May 24th, 2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyT_heart_beat (Post 27392446)
I Have Tried That And The Only Way I Can Get That 10 Second Is Going To The Bathroom And Then I Still Hear Them Calling My Name Over The Intercom. <_<. I Try Hiding In The ClosetS Too. I Will Definitely Make It A Point To Step Away And Make Them Figure Out There Own Problems. Is That Mean??

Oh geez! Can't even go potty in peace... And HECK NO THAT'S NOT MEAN!!! If anything it's beneficial because then they learn how to solve their own problems and become better employees PLUS you get that extra 2 minutes to take a deep breathe lol

Jhendrickson May 24th, 2013 11:14 AM

My doctor recommeds staying very well hydrated and sleep on left side--that's the best thing you can do!

ElliotsMommy13 May 24th, 2013 11:16 AM

Ouch.. Mine havent been that bad, but Ive definitely felt them when Im not drinking a lot of water.. and I am not getting enough water on those days I get bad heartburn and water just makes it worse. I hope you can take it easy a bit more. Is there any way you could get reduced hours at work at least until the end of the pregnancy?

KASHWORTH May 24th, 2013 01:15 PM

I've been having a lot of painful braxton hicks as well, sometimes thats' just your body's normal. Everyone has their own normal and it's different for each pregnancy too. Try to take it easy, don't stress, and drink a lot of water.

mamalamb May 24th, 2013 01:38 PM

I have had some bouts of them this week that were pretty painful and made me a little nervous, too. Not to the point were I thought I needed to go in and get checked, but almost. I'm looking forward to my appt Tuesday to make sure they aren't doing anything, cervix wise. I hope you feel better!!

mom2K&G May 24th, 2013 02:21 PM

I am having them as well lately. I do what these other ladies do as well. Drink lots of water and lay on my left side. Sometimes I have to tell myself "Stop what you're doing and go lay down"
They aren't too painful, but very uncomfortable!! :(

lucyinthesky88 May 24th, 2013 11:39 PM

I've had pretty painful BH contractions for the last 2 weeks or so... they got so bad that my doctor ended up reducing the hours I can work from 12 hour shifts to 8 hour shifts. Unfortunately my work couldn't accomodate 8 hour shifts so I've had to start taking my maternity leave already (which is a bummer cause I won't have as much time home with the baby). I saw your profile that you're a nurse? I'm a nurse as well and know too well what those crazy shifts that you were talking about can be like. It's especially hard when you can't get 5 minutes to sit down and put your feet up :( I hope it gets better for you and like the other ladies on here suggested... put your feet up when you can, rest and drink that water :) Take care!

BeachMum May 25th, 2013 07:06 AM

Yes, I get them quite a bit especially when I've overdone it.