JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Crying (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2653509-crying.html)

Honestlymonique May 25th, 2013 08:55 PM

Crying

Did u cry after labor when they handed u the baby, I feel all weird cause on tv you always see the women crying from joy. I don't cry especially not around people. I remember with my first I was like awwww I love this cutie pie, n thank you she doesn't have her daddy eyebrows. Then I remember wanting food. I wasn't overly emotional. I did feel this "wow this is my baby I'm a mommy" joy. So my question is did you cry? How did u feel?

mirdeemrlvs May 25th, 2013 09:22 PM

Re: Crying

I've never been one to cry easily. I don't usually cry when my babies are born, even though I am filled with joy :smile: It think some of the remnant of being in pain kind of hinders the moment :-)

Dandelion May 26th, 2013 12:45 AM

With each baby, I cry a little more. With dd, I was so in awe that I actually gave birth to a tiny beautiful baby that I didn't cry. With ds, I was more emotional and teared up. This time, I'm pretty sure I'll be bawling my eyes out lol I just think about seeing her after she's born and I start to cry. :wub:

mom2K&G May 26th, 2013 04:30 AM

Yes I cried with DS. I was just so happy to finally meet him and most importantly I was crying because he came out healthy and perfect. I am more of a sensitive person to be honest lol. I am sure I will cry for Dominic's birth as well.

BeachMum May 26th, 2013 05:45 AM

Yep, with ALL of them.

Ruthysb May 26th, 2013 06:19 AM

Nope--and I felt kind of bad about it, similar to what you are saying. Of course I only got to see my son for a couple seconds then he went to NICU. I was pretty much in shock and scared. Then the next time I saw him (8 hours later) I had just had a shot of morphine and all I could think of was that I might drop him! Life doesn't go like TV shows and I am very glad you mentioned this! Everyone is different.

Irishgirl99 May 26th, 2013 06:19 AM

I didn't.
With ds I was just thankful it was over and kind of zoned out a bit.

With dd I was really hoping for a girl but was convinced it was a boy. I thought I'd definitely cry if it turned out to be a girl but I was just so excited when they said baby girl I was on cloud 9. Dh still laughs at the way I said YES!!!!! After they announced it lol

Fins May 26th, 2013 06:45 AM

I didn't but I was just sort of in shock & awe. I do however cry when I watch other people give birth, lol.

Casey99 May 26th, 2013 06:51 AM

No. I'm not a crier at all. I've only been to one funeral for someone I was really close to, my grandma, and didn't cry. Although that was more because there was other people around. I prefer to cry in private.

But I have never been a crier when I'm happy. I get a lot of people do that, but it just doesn't make sense to me.
To be honest , I see crying as a sign of weakness, and that's been so ingrained in me that I just don't cry. I can never get how people cry at everything.

I expressed the joy of my other 2 children, with smiles and feeling just an amazing sense of relief (that labor was done and they were here!) and love...IMO, not a reason to cry.

I would probably feel bad if I did cry! lol, I've find it odd that I would cry when I am so happy. I get this is a socially acceptable reaction to happiness, but again for me, personally, its odd.

JessKeller24 May 26th, 2013 08:00 AM

I'm not a crier either. I cry in private when I do. Plus my csections I was so drugged up. I did have a tear or two with my third.

alittlelost May 26th, 2013 08:01 AM

I honestly don't remember if I cried or not...

mamalamb May 26th, 2013 08:25 AM

DD#1 was sort of an emergent situation, we didn't know how she was going to do and the NICU team, took her right away for evaluation, I was so focused on how she was doing and if she was ok so I didn't cry.

DD2 was more of your typical birth scene and I did cry, a lot! Was so happy to see her and so relieved the delivery was over lol

I know I will be bawling when I finally lay eyes on our son! :inlove:

Kelllilee May 26th, 2013 09:37 AM

no. I feel plenty of emotion, but I don't cry. I have always been super overly-emotional and prone to crying easily but got tease and ridiculed a lot for it, so I learned to keep it inside. So now I don't cry very easily and instead feel a ton of emotion internally.

soccermamatomany May 26th, 2013 10:52 AM

I always cry. I'm sure I'll be crying again this time.

lexiandolive May 26th, 2013 12:24 PM

Nope, I was more like Irishgirl99. relieved it was over. I had a C section and all I wanted to do was to hear the gender and then I wanted to zone out and go to sleep. so not like in the movies.

sapphire116 May 28th, 2013 05:36 AM

I don't have any previous birth experiences, but I didn't tear up one bit during my wedding. For months before-hand I'd hear a love song in the car or just think about my DH and become overwhelmed with emotion and cry. On my wedding day, absolutely nothing. I imagine the birth of DD will be the same.

Hesperleigh May 28th, 2013 06:12 AM

I cried before I started to push when my MIL and mom came in the room and then I cried when they handed Haeden to me. But, then again, I cry over commercials and Disney movies. The happy parts. All the time. :smile:

yvee80 May 28th, 2013 02:25 PM

I didn't cry with my DD but i was so in love and happy to meet my little person...I am more of a private crier as well.