JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Help me decide! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2656994-help-me-decide.html)

JessKeller24 June 7th, 2013 04:32 PM

Help me decide!

I will take my kids to the Baltimore zoo this summer. A little over an hour away. Now what I need help with, do I go before baby or after baby?

Before baby- I'd be 35-36 weeks at the beginning of July. Just walking through the grocery store is painful. But I won't have to worry about a newborn.

After- end of August when baby is 4-6 weeks old. After csection. Ill have to worry about nursing a newborn and diapers and maybe pads for me. But being a newborn she will sleep most of the day. I will hopefully not have my pelvis and sciatic pain anymore. But I may still have pain from the section!

HELP?!

Honestlymonique June 7th, 2013 04:45 PM

Re: Help me decide!

I would go b4. Its not so easy for me to walk either. I get tired walkin around Wal-Mart, but I plan on taking my kids to a couple places including the beach because I want them to have fun b4 things change. Plus me in baby gone be inside for a good while b4 we go out anywhere.

MommyPenguin4 June 7th, 2013 05:02 PM

I voted after, I would rather deal with a newborn than dealing with the pain of walking around >_< the only way I would say before is if they offered wheel chairs there for you to use.

Either has it's goods and bads because even if you did go after, new baby might take away from the day and fun if they're fussy and you're always having to try to comfort them :/ Not too much fun for the other kiddos!

That's a tough one! I think you just have to flip a coin and go with it, hoping for the best :P Either way that sounds like a really fun family trip! I LOVE zoos :)

alittlelost June 7th, 2013 05:08 PM

I would go after. I'd rather deal with a newborn than risk being on my feet an hour away so close to my due date.

lexiandolive June 7th, 2013 05:12 PM

For me I'd say before. After having a c section- the lack of stamina I had was brutal. It was non existent and you could end u doing more damage to your scar and stitches and ut yourself back in the healing process.

UrbanMomma June 7th, 2013 06:14 PM

I'd go before. I went to the zoo when I was pg with #9, I think, when I was 38 weeks along. I just wouldn't want to haul all the newborn necessities, and if it's too hot that would be miserable to have a newborn out. JMO

Dandelion June 7th, 2013 07:19 PM

I'd go before. I am actually going to the Columbus Zoo Sunday, weather permitting. :)

BeachMum June 7th, 2013 07:49 PM

I say before.

kjm June 7th, 2013 08:23 PM

I would definitely go before!

mrsmckenzie1 June 7th, 2013 09:21 PM

I was on the fence cause after i am a huge germaphobe but walking after a section helps the healing process and you dont want to go into labor and have to cut the trip short for the other kids... they may blame baby...

ElliotsMommy13 June 7th, 2013 09:41 PM

Thats a tough one. I definitely see the pros and cons of both! Sorry Im no help.. but I hope either way you choose it is a pleasant experience for not only the kids.. but for you, too!

mamalamb June 7th, 2013 10:00 PM

I would definitely go before!!

KeLLiC09 June 9th, 2013 02:54 PM

You will be about 15 mins from my house! My honest suggestion, I would wait until after the baby. It's a lot of walking, it'll be hot out and if you're anything like me, the heat will get to you after a while.

yvee80 June 9th, 2013 03:58 PM

I say after

cameronzmom June 9th, 2013 04:25 PM

I voted after bc I'd rather deal with a fussy baby then pain from pregnancy!