JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Strong contractions last night (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2657871-strong-contractions-last-night.html)

mirdeemrlvs June 11th, 2013 02:42 PM

Strong contractions last night

. Sunday though was real busy and I felt good- lots of moving, rearranging and then grocery shopping. Yesterday was semi-relaxing, didn't clean the house much or go anywhere. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary or have any contractions until about 6/7 O'clock I started to feel a little nauseaus. I was concerned that my stomach upset was coming back from last weekend. I sad down around 8:00 to watch TV and started having sharp pains. around 9:00 I had a normal bowel movement and thought that might be what the trouble was. 9:00, I was still in pain and took a warm bath. I thought maybe I was having round ligament pain that I've heard about, but the pain wasn't coming just when I was moving. While in the bath, I tried hard to relax my muscles and I laid on my right side and could barely move when I tried to get up. I managed to get in bed and by this time I alerted dh and he was trying to go to bed, put the kids in bed and take care of me. We checked my blood sugar and it was high,114. So, he got me some cottage cheese, I ate that and sat up in bed with a heating pad on my lower back. I was drinking as much water as I could and trying to stay stil and relax. I started to feel a little better and told him to go to bed because he has to get up at 3:30am. The contractions were coming really frequently with pain in my lower back, radiating to the front with shooting pains along the sides in the front and below my belly button. I even had some pain in my thighs. I did not want to make dh take me in though and have it be nothing and him work all day with no sleep. So, I toughed it out and finally had some relief around 4am.

I just got a hold of the dr's office and asked if it happens again tonight should I come in or wait until my appt. in the morning. They said come in. I feel fine today, I was a little sore this morning, but no contractions out of the ordinary. I am a little concerned baby isn't moving as much, but she didn't move much during the day yesterday either until last night right before I started having contractions.

Jessmom June 11th, 2013 03:16 PM

Re: Strong contractions last night

I have had a couple a bouts of strong contractions but they both subsided within about two hours and did not get stronger or closer. Let us know what your dr says I am also wondering. But I don't see my dr til next week.

alittlelost June 11th, 2013 03:22 PM

Next time it happens go right to L&D! I hope it's a fluke but if it's not they can help you out. I know it's no fun going in.

mirdeemrlvs June 11th, 2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessmom (Post 27440051)
I have had a couple a bouts of strong contractions but they both subsided within about two hours and did not get stronger or closer. Let us know what your dr says I am also wondering. But I don't see my dr til next week.

Were they the kind with back pain that radiates from the back to front?

Quote:

Originally Posted by alittlelost (Post 27440069)
Next time it happens go right to L&D! I hope it's a fluke but if it's not they can help you out. I know it's no fun going in.

It just seems like every time I go to ER whether pregnant or not, I never get any solutions to my issues or I start feeling better on the way there or while I'm there.

Plus, my dh is not very nice about it an I don't blame him. The contractions start right before he needs to go to bed! He was willing to go, but I kept telling him to wait. Also, I kept googling my symptoms and reading stories about magnesium and the medicine they give you to stop the contractions and it made me nervous about having that done.

alittlelost June 11th, 2013 06:19 PM

That sounds a lot like how I am about the ER and that is what stopped me from going sooner about my pre-e symptoms. Sometimes you just have to go even if it ends up being nothing :(