JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   visitors hospital vs. home (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2658336-visitors-hospital-vs-home.html)

cameronzmom June 13th, 2013 09:29 AM

visitors hospital vs. home

Would you rather have hospital visitors or home visitors?

With my daughter, we didn't tell ANYONE that we were being induced until after she was born and then I knew I was leaving after 24 hours so we only had my parents, my husbands dad, and his gparents as visitors. We stopped at my sister in laws on the way home so she could meet her and everyone else came to our house or they met her when we went out.

This time around, I have a TON of people who want to see us in the hospital. So my plan (for now) is that we'll let visitors come up until I'm in a large amount of pain then everyone can/will leave. AFTER he's born, then we'll text everyone and those who want to can come back. I'm not much for visitors when I'm in an extreme amount of pain, no one wants to see that LOL! Plus I get irritable when I'm hurting and I wouldn't want to hurt someones feelings. With that being said, we're also going to limit the time of visits once I'm home because I want to focus on him and can't do that if EVERYONE is all up in my business.

mom2K&G June 13th, 2013 09:34 AM

Re: visitors hospital vs. home

We are having a few of our closest friends come visit after he's born. That's it. None of our families here.

Kelllilee June 13th, 2013 10:02 AM

I LOVE visitors AFTER the first 24 hours. If I were in the hospital I would probably limit guests the first day (for bonding and establishing breastfeeding without interruptions).

Dandelion June 13th, 2013 10:10 AM

Honestly, I'd be happy with no visitors except close family at the hospital. Everyone else can visit at home after a week. When all I wanted to do was bond with my baby and sleep... instead I had to "entertain" ppl after I just gave birth.

mamalamb June 13th, 2013 10:28 AM

Not sure...my immediate family will probably want to come visit right after and possibly be in the waiting room before, of course the girls will both come see him right after. I may have a friend or two who wants to come see us in the hospital. I actually prefer being visited in the hospital (after I've showered and put on makeup lol), because I HATE entertaining visitors at my house afterward and feeling like it has to be clean, etc, and we need those first weeks at home to just settle in as a family.

MissCiara June 13th, 2013 10:44 AM

Hospital visitors

sapphire116 June 13th, 2013 10:44 AM

Husband only in delivery room. In-laws are allowed in the hospital after birth, along with my best friend. Everyone else will have to wait till I'm home :-)

MommyPenguin4 June 13th, 2013 11:15 AM

We're out of state from our friends and family which makes me sad but also a bit happy not to have to deal with this whole visitor thing :P It would be a huge issue if we were home!

I'm the same where I'm very irritable when I'm in pain so I too wouldn't want anyone to get their feelings hurt and start causing drama. My family can be very dramatic lol

So it will just be my BF and sister in the room if she can get here in time and that's it! We have a cousin here but they will visit us when we're home and we have two friends here who might visit us in the hospital but I won't allow it until after Baby Rose is born :P

ElliotsMommy13 June 13th, 2013 12:55 PM

Nobody is visiting. I already told the hospital that I only give them permission to let my mom and sister know I am there.. nobody else. My mom is the one who will drive me and depending when I go into labor, my sister will be there (not a huge fan of that idea.. but she wants to be) and probably her husband/fiance in the waiting room depending on when baby arrives. She is getting married July 21st and might be on her honey moon. That is it. I would do it alone if I had a doula with me.. but cant afford that right now. At home, just those same people. The people who I did classify as friends I am so tired of ignoring me because I am pregnant that I am cutting them out of my life before the baby gets here so they arent coming over just to see the new baby.

BeachMum June 13th, 2013 01:01 PM

I love hospital visitors and would rather then there than at home so I don't stress if my house is clean and plus I want to get into a routine with a new baby and new dynamic of our home.

ummsultan June 13th, 2013 01:33 PM

I prefer to see certain people at the hospital and certain people at home. This time around I dont think I will announce to many people when I deliver because I'm just so worn out from this pregnancy. I just want to be able to rest and recover without worrying about trying to look decent and entertain.

Honestlymonique June 13th, 2013 02:24 PM

I rather have hospital visits. I don't really like people at my house at a time like that. I want my space n to get into a routine. Plus I don't like sharing baby that soon and people n their germs. O yea n that's the time everybody n their mama wanna give u advice n tell u how to do things. Like u never had a kid b4 ugh.

soccermamatomany June 13th, 2013 02:30 PM

I don't limit visitors at the hospital or at home.

That being said, we are having a C-section so everyone will meet her afterwards. Obviously if I am in a lot of pain, I am sure people will get the hint. I haven't had any issues in the past, and hope it goes just as smoothly this time around.

Babsbabies June 13th, 2013 08:33 PM

We've always been out of town from all our family for our other babies. This time, we'll have several local family members and lots of dear friends. Assuming there's nothing especially out of the ordinary with the delivery, I'd love to have visitors at the hospital in addition to at home. We'll be leaving for our new home out of town within two weeks after baby's birth so I want to see people and let them get to know our baby girl as much as possible. We'll have plenty of alone time after we move and have no friends!

BabyT_heart_beat June 13th, 2013 10:43 PM

Both grandparents and DH sister will probably visit while we're in the hospital. Everyone else can wait til we get home. Both of our families live out of town so I don't think I have to worry about them ALL coming at once. They will probably sprinkle in over the next few weeks.

lexiandolive June 14th, 2013 07:03 AM

I had an emergency c- section last time and only family came to visit after in the hospital. I was totally stoked for people to come to the hospital but everyone waited till I was home and I didnt' like that. In the hosptial, the bathroom was 3 feet away, food was delivered on a platter right to me and I didnt' have to get out of bed for anything and people could still visit. When I got home, people stayed too long, I had to get up and move around and I was in so much pain, I didn't want to do anything. I wanted to sleep.

Nobody in beforehand though. I'm a right miserable person when I'm not feeling at my best.

miniRazz June 14th, 2013 08:15 AM

Only SO and mom will be at the hospital when I'm in labour. Immediate family will come afterwards and I'm sure some close friends. I just want to make sure we get good bonding time as a family and aren't overwhelmed by everyone who comes. In a way I hope I deliver in the evening (after 8pm) when normal visiting hours are over cause then there won't be as many people coming up

JessKeller24 June 14th, 2013 08:17 AM

Hospital. My house will most likely be a mess and I just don't want people in my space. But they know not to come until I give the ok, except my mom she can come whenever.

lam June 14th, 2013 03:55 PM

Immediate family can visit in the hospital. If it goes like last time, we were out of the hospital the next morning (he was born around noon), so there was hardly a lot of time for visits. I didn't love hospital visits because the room was very small - we are delivering at the same place this time. So likely the large portion of our visits will be at home.