JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   What do you do? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2660491-what-do-you-do.html)

Anchored June 21st, 2013 07:04 PM

What do you do?

We had one of these threads back when we all got pregnant I know but we have so many new faces now! Lets share what our occupations are! SO too if you'd like :)

I'm a stay at home mom for now. I used to be a medical secretary and plan to go to school somewhere in the near future for a degree.

DH is ima submariner in the navy

BeachMum June 21st, 2013 07:08 PM

Re: What do you do?

I'm SAHM and a photographer on the side, although I'm not taking on very many sessions because I can't squat or get down normal anymore.

Bookreader June 21st, 2013 08:01 PM

I'm a SAHM now, which I honestly love. I have my degree in English Education, but have never used it.
If I had to get a job tomorrow, though, I would go back and be an MA for a dermatologist again. I did that for seven years and loved it. :) My kid is now the pasty-est, sunscreen covered-est white -white boy you will ever see. Lol.

mommy_to_nico June 21st, 2013 08:41 PM

i'm a sahm, i was a teacher for 7 1/2 yrs :) i have an associates degree in education. i plan to stay home till she is grade school, then teach again part time and eventually go full time.

Honestlymonique June 21st, 2013 08:49 PM

Sahm/student. Going for a degree in social work. Husband is warehouse worker/student. He's getting a degree in business

myjade_84 June 21st, 2013 09:05 PM

Sahm. I used to be a data encoder and my husband is an architect. Right now i am attending a crash course on baking and plan to open a small cafe after i give birth. It's a big plan but hopefully i can do it in the future.

sara831 June 21st, 2013 09:47 PM

Right now I waitress part time but when we move to California after the baby is born I am going back to school for elementary education. And, my bf is a fluid tech for an oil company.

mamalamb June 21st, 2013 10:05 PM

I'm a realtor :)

LadyGamer June 21st, 2013 10:12 PM

I actually taught people how to play boardgames for a living. I know several hundred :) I'm on maternity now, then I'll be a SAHM.

sara831 June 21st, 2013 11:15 PM

I'm so jealous of all you SAHM!

lucyinthesky88 June 22nd, 2013 12:40 AM

I'm a registered nurse - I work on a medical/surgical floor so we get a little bit of everything. I plan to go back to work part-time when the baby is born but I hope to switch to mother/baby or labor and delivery.

DH works for Chevron Pipeline as a Facility Inspector. I always get confused when he explains his job since it's very technical but he basically supervises companies/individuals that need to dig near the pipeline to make sure they don't damage the pipes and cause a spill.

Kelllilee June 22nd, 2013 12:54 AM

Breastfeeding peer counselor, going to school to become a lactation consultant and RN.

Mself145 June 22nd, 2013 01:15 AM

I'm a pediatric nurse and often work in the nursery also. My husband is an office administrator for an oil field company. I plan on taking 10-12 weeks off after i deliver, then go back to work full time. Its only 3 days a week. And i am working on gettig my certification in pediatric nursing. Its hard work but a big goal of mine.

soaringphoenix June 22nd, 2013 01:44 AM

I'm an investigator and tech for the medical examiners office.

mom2K&G June 22nd, 2013 04:53 AM

I am a SAHM/Certified Dog Trainer. I do have my own business which I usually do part time. I am also the resident dog trainer of a local no kill shelter here.

DH is Active Army

Irishgirl99 June 22nd, 2013 05:46 AM

I'm a sahm and also look after a friends child. He's almost 2 and I've been minding him since he was 2 1/2 months. But I finish up minding him in 2 weeks.

Ruthysb June 22nd, 2013 05:46 AM

I currently work part-time as a parent educator/child care provider at our local Parent/Child Center (social service agency for families and teens that are struggling or at-risk). I have my teaching license but only taught for a year. I will stay home for a bit after baby is born and then look for something new or return to school . . . I would really like to get my masters in social work or counseling. My boyfriend is a self-employed carpenter.

Dirtroads June 22nd, 2013 07:13 AM

I am one VERY tired RN. :D

MyFantasticFour June 22nd, 2013 08:05 AM

I'm a SAHM and student.

kjm June 22nd, 2013 08:07 AM

I'm a stay at home mom but I do a little bit of social media work from home and I'm also a student