JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Does your baby move and react to the sound of your voice? Noises? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2660502-does-your-baby-move-and-react-to-sound-your-voice-noises.html)

sara831 June 21st, 2013 07:01 PM

Does your baby move and react to the sound of your voice? Noises?

My baby seemed to move a whole lot the other night when we were at the movies but I general it doesn't seem like noise makes her move more than normal. If I were to start talking right now she wouldn't go moving crazy. What about your guys babies? This worried me sometimes cause I think, oh no what if she is deaf.

HollyNE2 June 21st, 2013 07:06 PM

Re: Does your baby move and react to the sound of your voice? Noises?

I haven't noticed her moving a whole lot when I talk, but the other day when I accidentally slammed the toilet seat down (darn boys are always leaving it up) I starteld her and I thought she was going to jump out of my belly lol

Bookreader June 21st, 2013 07:09 PM

Mine only seem to respond to sound if it is the resonating, bass-filled sound like at an action movie. Normal speech or sounds don't really make them move. :)

sara831 June 21st, 2013 07:15 PM

Okay, this is good to hear! :P. ya my baby was moving tons at the man of steel
Movie (which was pretty intense lol).

alittlelost June 21st, 2013 07:44 PM

One of the things we did to flip Isabel from breech to head down was play music by my pubic bone. I'm not sure if it was that that flipped her, or the massage, or the peppermint oil.

Now that she is here, she definitely responds to my voice. If she is crying and I talk to her she stops crying right away.

Honestlymonique June 21st, 2013 07:54 PM

Mine only reacts to his daddy voice smh

Anchored June 21st, 2013 07:58 PM

She reacts to my husbands voice if he talks right near my belly. Otherwise I haven't really noticed a reaction to sound- especially not to my own voice. I think she's probably so used to hearing it that it doesn't phase her

LadyGamer June 21st, 2013 09:07 PM

Not to my voice, but I scared her a few weeks ago when I turned on the blender for the first time. She jumped, and it felt like she was trying to leap out of my belly. I fell bad for scaring her :(

Jessmom June 21st, 2013 09:31 PM

Mine definitely reacts to Dad's voice over mine. Also reacts to loud noises. At work there are a lot of loud noises that startle baby.

ElliotsMommy13 June 21st, 2013 10:38 PM

mine doesnt move to sounds at all.

Dirtroads June 22nd, 2013 06:35 AM

Geeze, the only thing that makes mine move around is food or drinks!!!! Other than that it seems random.

miniRazz June 22nd, 2013 07:04 AM

Matteo loves music, especially the sound of my cousin singing or other songs I've played a lot since he's been in there. He was a dancing machine in there at my friends daughters dance recital, LOVING the music for over an hour in there!

KASHWORTH June 22nd, 2013 07:10 AM

The lady who does my ultrasounds says they do and will even know their names if you use them. At my ultrasound the baby would respond every time we said Jakob, he probably thinks that's his name, lol. Or, rather "Jakob no!" :lol:

Fins June 22nd, 2013 12:52 PM

honestly I don't know. Lol. I'm going to have to pay more attention.

Dandelion June 22nd, 2013 05:10 PM

Zoey only seems to react to sudden loud sounds. I'm guessing they scare her lol

cameronzmom June 23rd, 2013 06:07 AM

My LO reacts to my husbands voice. All he has to do is walk in the room and speak and my belly will jump :)