JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   TMI WARNING!!!! mucus plug? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2660710-tmi-warning-mucus-plug.html)

littlemonkey June 22nd, 2013 11:25 PM

TMI WARNING!!!! mucus plug?

TMI WARNING! could someone please explain the appearence of the mucus plug? over the last 2 days iv had extra discharge that is somewhere between clear and a off-white in colour , with a thick sticky consistency but no globs, no blood but i have noticed a pinky-red-brown stain to my underwear from a much thinner liquid at the end of the day. there is also a slight odor (according to hubby) Thank you for any advice you can impart :)

Jessmom June 23rd, 2013 07:15 AM

Re: TMI WARNING!!!! mucus plug?

That sounds like fairly normal discharge. Our bodies do so strange things. If it were your mucus plug it would have some red color to it. And I have always found when I lose my plug I have no doubt in my mind due to the size and color. For me i have always ran to the bathroom to check cause I felt it come out. I have heard it can come out in bits and pieces slowly over a day or two but again the color would not be clear.

Momma2Chase June 23rd, 2013 07:24 AM

I haven't ever lost mine so I'm not positive but I do think it sounds similar to the d/c I've been having

mamalamb June 23rd, 2013 08:17 AM

Sorry, no help because I've never lost mine, will be watching this thread though, lol

BeachMum June 23rd, 2013 09:42 AM

You may have an infection, the odor comment leads me to think that, but I don't know. My mp never had an odor I don't think.

JessKeller24 June 23rd, 2013 09:48 AM

If the whole thing comes out at once, I've lost it all at once with my first and in pieces with my second. If it comes out all at once its the size of a gumball and looks like snot. If you loose it in pieces it can regenerate, not sure if it regenerates if you loose the whole thing though.

KASHWORTH June 23rd, 2013 12:14 PM

It doesn't look anything like regular discharge to me. I don't think you'd mistake it if you saw it. Mine was a bit bloody too.

KeLLiC09 June 23rd, 2013 01:56 PM

When I lost my mucus plug with Nate, it looked like (and sorry for being graphic and TMI) a huge wad of snot with a big green booger. Sorry for the graphic detail there lol

Irishgirl99 June 23rd, 2013 02:13 PM

I lost it with my son about an hour after my water broke. It was sooo gross. It looked like the biggest piece of snot I've ever seen with little streaks of blood in it. Sorry tmi!

I never saw it with my daughter

ElliotsMommy13 June 23rd, 2013 02:56 PM

I dont know what it is supposed to look like for sure as Im a first time mom.. However, I have been having an increase in regular discharge like I got at the beginning of the pregnancy. Might just be a end of pregnancy sign.

mirdeemrlvs June 23rd, 2013 04:41 PM

As beach mum said- if there is a fishy/musty odor it very well could be bv (bacterial vaginosis). This is very common in pregnancy. I've had problems with it even when not pregnant. Dr's will give you medicine, but a lot of women say it comes right back. I would talk to your dr.

There are home remedies if you google them.