JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Nooooooooooo!!!! I think swelling is starting... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2663827-nooooooooooo-i-think-swelling-starting.html)

mamalamb July 5th, 2013 08:03 PM

Nooooooooooo!!!! I think swelling is starting...

No, no, no!!! I've avoided it so far, even all last week when it was 110 everyday. But just now i sat down on the couch to take a quick break from cleaning for my shower and I noticed my right ankle is looking a little puffy and swollen on the inside. Blah, I was hoping all my walking and water drinking would keep it away but looks like it might be starting to get me, too! Dang it!! Lol!!

Ps is it normal to at first notice swelling in one foot/ankle and not the other? And on one side of the ankle and not the other? I just had an NST today and my bp was perfect, so at least that's something.

Momma2Chase July 5th, 2013 08:16 PM

Re: Nooooooooooo!!!! I think swelling is starting...

Awww poo! :( I'm sorry the dreaded swelling got to you!

As for the one sided thing, I think that's normal. Usually my right foot is more swollen than the left- and there have been quite a few times where the right is swollen and the left isnt at all

ElliotsMommy13 July 5th, 2013 08:21 PM

at about exactly where you are I started swelling in my right inside ankle first, then my left, then both feet inside ankles mostly, then my right foot was HUGE in comparison to the left which was just puffy, now that Im 36 weeks Ive got both feet swelling but still a little more the right an my legs are swelling some now and pitting bad.. I hope you arent following the same trend but my bp was fine Tuesday when I had my appointment.. Im just retaining a ton.. even my wrists are puffy some. It tends to get better a little over night but during the day they puff back out like crazy.

mamalamb July 5th, 2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissamarie247 (Post 27500293)
at about exactly where you are I started swelling in my right inside ankle first, then my left, then both feet inside ankles mostly, then my right foot was HUGE in comparison to the left which was just puffy, now that Im 36 weeks Ive got both feet swelling but still a little more the right an my legs are swelling some now and pitting bad.. I hope you arent following the same trend but my bp was fine Tuesday when I had my appointment.. Im just retaining a ton.. even my wrists are puffy some. It tends to get better a little over night but during the day they puff back out like crazy.

Thank you!! Ugh this is LAME. Lol!

Colliekat July 5th, 2013 08:29 PM

Yep it's allll right sided here too. My right ankle and foot are puffy and purple with a vein that looks ready to pop.

Babsbabies July 6th, 2013 03:39 AM

Yeah, I swell more on my left side than my right. I had several injuries to that ankle, so I've always thought that might be the reason - maybe my circulation isn't as good?

I swell whenever it's warm late in pregnancy and my BP is always great. This has been the first one though that I've been wondering if I'll need to take off my rings. So far, they are still fine, but occassionally get a little more difficult to take off. A couple days post delivery, I'm always amazed at how "tiny" my ankles look (and they really are't tiny at all) after the swelling goes down.