JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Cant believe I forgot I needed those! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2664185-cant-believe-i-forgot-i-needed-those.html)

JessKeller24 July 8th, 2013 04:57 AM

Cant believe I forgot I needed those!

So I'm sitting here thinking everything is ready to go! Then I realized I need PADS! How the heck do you forget pads?! Luckily I'm a couponer and have a bunch stockpiled! But if I wasn't and forgot until after I had her, I'd have to make a dreaded trip into the store on the way home from the hospital!

Jen71 July 8th, 2013 04:58 AM

Re: Cant believe I forgot I needed those!

Thanks for the reminder! I need them too.

mom2K&G July 8th, 2013 05:00 AM

WOW! I forgot about them too until I read your post! I better add those on my list before I forget! haha

Thank you! :)

sapphire116 July 8th, 2013 05:33 AM

Dumb question, but as a FTM I've heard that Depends are sometimes even better than pads for the first week or so. Which would you recommend?

Hesperleigh July 8th, 2013 05:36 AM

Ugh. I have to buy them, too. I really hate that part. Especially when it's hot. They tend to give me a little rash and I just can't stand the feel of them in general!

soaringphoenix July 8th, 2013 05:39 AM

Oops haven't bought any either

Anchored July 8th, 2013 06:06 AM

Add me to the list! Just another thing for me to get lol

JessKeller24 July 8th, 2013 06:11 AM

I was fine with pads, but I'd get maxi pads for heavy flow. I only needed maxi pads the first few days though, after that I was fine with ultra thin medium flow pads, but I had a csection so not sure if it would be different for a vaginal birth.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one that forgot, haha!

UrbanMomma July 8th, 2013 06:15 AM

I used the heavy overnight pads for the first week or so maybe. I couldn't imagine being comfortable in Depends.

I still have some from the last time around, but should probably get some more.

BeachMum July 8th, 2013 06:34 AM

HILARIOUS I just remembered them last night when I was laying in bed. Ugggh so not looking forward to that.

Honestlymonique July 8th, 2013 08:39 AM

I brought them two weeks ago lol, when I got all the baby stuff. It was on my list. All I need is a pack of black panties. when did it become so hard to find a whole pack of black ones. They wanna add color. Then they make them look so teenage girly.

Eva L. July 8th, 2013 08:48 AM

Ugh, I need to get some too. Luckily our hospital sends home a bunch of HUGE pads but hopefully I wont need them for long.

Sapphire, each woman is different but it may make you feel better to have a few depends on hand just in case. I didn't bleed too heavily with my son and heavy maxi pads were enough. My sister however, with her first she bleed so bad that she ruined multiple sheets and underwear so with her second kid, she bought depends and then hardly bled at all.

Kayla_7602 July 8th, 2013 09:03 AM

I forgot too! I still have some from before I got pregnant but not ones for heavy/overnight.

As for depends I bleed really bad for the first couple days but then it goes to a normal period flow. I have never needed depends I just use the biggest pads I can find and change it often. Your up every couple hours anyways :p

mamalamb July 8th, 2013 09:23 AM

Ugh, that was the first thing I bought and packed LOL. I bleed a lot after, so its not something that would slip my my mind, unfortunately!

Beachbabies July 8th, 2013 09:30 AM

I forgot them last time lol and almost did again!!! Thanks for the reminder :)

cameronzmom July 8th, 2013 09:36 AM

I just bought some last week LOL!!

Fins July 8th, 2013 09:39 AM

I need pads too - I wouldn't have even thought about it! I did just pick up my granny panties at target the other day though ;)

soccermamatomany July 8th, 2013 09:39 AM

Still need to get some.

Anchored July 8th, 2013 11:02 AM

I just remembered that my hospital gives you those mesh disposable underwear and the pads that are the size of my forearm (ha!)... Those worked wonders last time, even if they felt weird being so bulky. But they did their job so I was willing to deal with it.

I'm going to stock up on pads next time I go to the store... Super heavy overnight with wings, anyone?? lol