JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Anyone else terrified? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2665950-anyone-else-terrified.html)

teeny0518 July 16th, 2013 05:38 AM

Anyone else terrified?

I am a FTM, but I am not afraid of labor and delivery. I am just still so afraid of something happening to her in utero! It is illogical and unlikely, I know, but I just keep thinking about it. Every time we buy something or do something to her room I can't help but get the little devil on my shoulder saying "what if you don't need that?" I know I am hormonal and crazy, but I can't help it. I wish I could go to sleep and wake up 6 weeks later in the delivery room :(

cameronzmom July 16th, 2013 05:56 AM

Re: Anyone else terrified?

I've been incredibly paranoid this entire pregnancy bc I have 2 previous losses and part of me still "can't believe" we've made it this far. If I go an hour between movements, my anxiety kicks in and I start to worry somethings wrong and this is my third baby that I've carried close to term.

((hugs)) I'm thinking of you and just wanted to let you know you aren't alone.

sapphire116 July 16th, 2013 05:57 AM

You're not alone. I'm a FTM too and while I'm a little scared of labor, I've been letting my imagination run wild with thoughts of "I haven't felt her move in a few hours...what if she's stillborn?? What if they missed a major medical condition??"

I got so paranoid the other day that she hadn't moved much that I drank a diet soda and immediately followed it with some coffee. Then she moved like CRAZY and I felt bad I gave her a caffeine high. I'd say it's normal to be terrified :-)

Hesperleigh July 16th, 2013 06:02 AM

This is my second time around and I have the same fears. Stillborn (my mom had one) or something being wrong that they didn't catch. It kills me that I haven't seen her since the 20 week ultrasound, too. I think I'd feel better. I think these feelings are normal though. You get preg and the worry begins and now it will never end! Even when they are grown and taking care of you, you'll still be worrying about them!

Momma2Chase July 16th, 2013 06:18 AM

Oh you are not alone! At all! I have done this many times this pregnancy too- I'm scared to put things together or her clothes away because I don't want to "jinx" it

Jhendrickson July 16th, 2013 09:15 AM

That's exactly how I feel. Every time I do something to get ready for him, I feel like I'm jinxing myself. I hate it! I just want a healthy outcome :(.

Colliekat July 16th, 2013 09:28 AM

You certainly are not alone and I think that its a fear that all of us mommies have, whether we are ftm or not. I put my trust in God to protect her while she inside of me and am thankful to him for giving her to me.

(now I'm tearful...**** hormones..)

mamalamb July 16th, 2013 09:30 AM

Right there with you!!!! And now after seeing him have a couple decels yesterday I am really freaking out even though he corrected himself! Ugh

sara831 July 16th, 2013 09:34 AM

I used to be so so nervous for her to be in me... Constantly worrying about every action I did or everything I ate, but now I think I might be more nervous for her to be here being a FTM! Since I feel like there's so much to know how to do and learn.

mirdeemrlvs July 16th, 2013 09:36 AM

:dothug::dothug:You need to kick that "little devil" off your shoulder and tell him to take a hike!!! There's never any guarantee that everything will be perfect, but worrying won't help anything.

Try to relax, we're almost to the finish line!!

soccermamatomany July 16th, 2013 09:42 AM

I feel the same way too. I think I know so much about what can go wrong that it makes me paranoid it will happen to me.

((((hugs))))

lucyinthesky88 July 16th, 2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hesperleigh (Post 27521839)
This is my second time around and I have the same fears. Stillborn (my mom had one) or something being wrong that they didn't catch. It kills me that I haven't seen her since the 20 week ultrasound, too. I think I'd feel better. I think these feelings are normal though. You get preg and the worry begins and now it will never end! Even when they are grown and taking care of you, you'll still be worrying about them!

You are definitely not alone, Teeny! Like Hesper, the fact that I haven't seen our baby on ultrasound since 20 weeks just freaks me out for some reason. He is usually a very active baby, especially around 7 or 8 pm. If I don't feel him as much around that time I can feel my anxiety ramp up. Usually he is just a little late to the party and I'll feel him a lot an hour or two later.

Big hugs to you, though. I hope you can get some rest and peace of mind. We are so very close to the end and will soon have all of our babies in our arms :)

teeny0518 July 16th, 2013 12:38 PM

So glad I am not alone! I know we are all hormonal and worried mommies but I just can't help it. I know I will always worry even when she is in my arms, but I feel like with her here at least I have more control. I feel so helpless with her in my body, even though I know I need to trust my body will take care of her as she needs. I guess I'm just a control freak!

Sorry to be a downer, everyone! I do feel a lot better knowing I am not the only one. We are all so close to the finish line, we can do it!!:)

ElliotsMommy13 July 16th, 2013 01:12 PM

I feel the same. I just want to make sure he is fine and it is hard when you cant see the baby.

Jenilope July 16th, 2013 01:18 PM

(((Hugs))) I think it's a normal worry. Especially since they get bigger and move less at the end.

I still am able to find a sense of peace and trust that my girl is meant to be with us and will be ok, but with the complication we have (basically a big tumor on the placenta where the umbilical cord attaches) I still worry. Especially when I found out that 36 weeks would be my last appointment with HR and my last ultrasound. I am seriously nervous about the placenta function in those last 1-6 weeks without monitoring because of that complication. But, I refuse to let that worry take over, and I hope you're able to shake it, too, and enjoy getting ready for your baby--it's almost time!