JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Footling breech (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2666249-footling-breech.html)

cameronzmom July 17th, 2013 09:37 AM

Footling breech

So I electively paid for a 3D ultrasound too. Partially so my kids could see baby but mostly so I knew what position my baby is in. He's a footling breech and he's pretty squished up in there. I have my 34 appt on Monday so ill talk to my doctor then. What's the likely hood he'll turn this late being in the position he is in?

Add pictures when I get access to my computer later! Oh and he has the sweetest squishy cheeks!

Dandelion July 17th, 2013 09:39 AM

I think they can still switch position around 34-36 weeks at least. Not too sure though? Glad you were able to see him though! Bet the kids loved it. :) can't wait to see pictures.

sapphire116 July 17th, 2013 09:48 AM

Re: Footling breech

Riley was a footling breech at her 29 week and 32 week elective ultrasounds (got a rescan for free since she hid her face...STILL couldn't see her at the second one that little stinker). Based on her movements and where I feel a giant hard lump in my upper abdomen, I'm fairly confident she hasn't moved. I have an anterior placenta covering most of her face so I think that's impeding her movements, despite my best tricks to get her to turn. When I spoke to my OB at my 34 week check up she said that the majority of babies who would have moved usually have done so by 34 weeks. She said it's not unheard of for babies to move past then or even past 36 weeks, but the chances get slimmer every day and it's more rare than not.

I have my 36 week appointment this Monday and we'll be checking on her position then (and possibly scheduling a C-section if she hasn't moved). I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

HollyNE2 July 17th, 2013 09:55 AM

You still have time for baby to turn. I would try some things to try to get him to turn. A few of the ladies recommended spinningbabies.com
I don't think drs are too concerned with the position until 36 weeks or so tho.

UrbanMomma July 17th, 2013 10:12 AM

I had a baby that was transverse at 40w and head down the next morning. I think you still have time. I, too, have heard spinningbabies works.

KMH July 17th, 2013 10:30 AM

*lurking*

My oldest DD was footling breech from about 27 weeks. Babies can definitely turn after that, but I was told that footling breech babies are less likely to turn than transverse babies.

I was not a candidate for ECV, but my doctor did suggest that I see a chiropractor. The Webster Technique can be used by a chiropractor to encourage your baby to turn. I went twice a week, and though my baby didn't turn, it did relieve a lot of hip pain that I had been having. I was glad I tried everything I could to avoid the c-section...you might want to ask about it!

cameronzmom July 17th, 2013 10:54 AM

I'll definitely ask about chiro care when I see my doctor. I've been googling Footling breech too and seems it could go either way. I guess we'll take the wait and see approach. Meanwhile, I'll be doing some spinning baby techniques in hopes they work!

alittlelost July 17th, 2013 11:21 AM

Ditto the other ladies. There is still time. do spinning babies, peppermint, ice, and music.

soccermamatomany July 17th, 2013 11:41 AM

I think it is possible for him to turn, but it is getting cramped in there. I hope you get some good news at your OB appt.

Jenilope July 17th, 2013 01:04 PM

Try not to worry, still plenty of time to turn. At 33 weeks this baby was head down, turned transverse the next day, footling at 34 weeks, transverse on the other side 4 days later, head down for about a day and is transverse again right now (35w) and I'm not worried, she's just an active little thing.

My 1st was transverse at EVERY check from 17w to 36.5w when she finally turned head down. And, like UM said, some don't even turn until labor!

I used some Spinning Babies techniques with my first. I don't know if it worked or if it was just a coincidence. I do know this one likes to drastically change positions every time I swim. After 37 weeks I'll spend some more time bouncing on my ball trying to get her to engage when/if she goes head down, but I am not too worried about it unless I get to the point that I'm in real labor and she's still poorly positioned.