JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Thought last night was it (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2666400-thought-last-night.html)

Eva L. July 18th, 2013 06:08 AM

Thought last night was it

Yesterday was my last day of work (Thank GOD). It was another crazy, on my feet for 10 hours, not able to sit down kind of day. I got home from work and ate dinner, then laid on the couch. I started having contractions that were consistently 5 minutes apart. They weren't super painful but quite uncomfortable like period cramps or gas pains. I was convinced that's what they were because I couldn't imagine going from nothing to contractions five minutes apart. I went to the bathroom and tried for a while to see if I could have a bowel movement or pass gas, but nothing. It went on for about an hour and changing positions or drinking water didn't make it better. Then it just started going away on it's own. I went to family night at the swimming pool with DH and DS and the water made my back feel soo much better.
Do you think this was false labor? Intense gas pains? Anyone else have anything like this happen? Today I am having a lot of BH, more than I usually have anyway so I'm wondering if I am getting close. I am 37 weeks today.

UrbanMomma July 18th, 2013 07:36 AM

Re: Thought last night was it

At this point in time you can get all kinds of pre labor pains that will last a little while like you described. It may have just been the long day at work on your feet, maybe a little dehydration.

Swimming sounds so nice. Its been something like 105 with our heat index (humidity) this week.

mamalamb July 18th, 2013 07:39 AM

Every evening for the last week I have had several hours of consistent contractions that then go away, it's not fun! Now I am also starting to get then on and off during the day too, ugghhhhh

Jessmom July 18th, 2013 08:34 AM

I felt like that last night also. I just couldn't get comfortable. Steady contractions and pressure. I was running for the bathroom all night. Baby was so low. I finally drifted off to sleep and clearly it all stopped cause here I am at work. Lol. My hubby is freaking he wants me to stop working lol.

It's exciting to know that my body is getting ready. I can't wait to meet this LO and find out if its a girl or boy.

Husher July 18th, 2013 08:39 AM

Sounds totally normal to me. Your body is probably practicing for the big day. :)

mirdeemrlvs July 18th, 2013 09:18 AM

10 hours on your feet is A LOT.. I can barely stand up for 10-20 minutes straight. Since they started right after you sat down, I'd say it's a result from being on your feet and probably being dehydrated. Luckily, it's your last day of work!!

Jenilope July 18th, 2013 11:54 AM

Whew! 10 hours on your feet?! No wonder you had pains! Sounds like practice labor to me, too. You'll know the real deal, but your body is obviously getting ready. And oh my word doesn't swimming make it all just go away for a little while?! I'm looking forward to floating around with the kids after soccer practice today, it's pretty much the only time my hips and back don't hurt and I feel like I can move freely!

It's going to be soon for you!