JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Only Felt Hiccups Since Yesterday (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2666406-only-felt-hiccups-since-yesterday.html)

sapphire116 July 18th, 2013 06:18 AM

Only Felt Hiccups Since Yesterday

Little one has been pretty active this last month, and even last week was whooshing and jabbing and rolling around. I noticed yesterday she was a little quieter, but nothing crazy. But ever since around 5 pm last night I've only felt her hiccup. She's had 3 hiccup bouts since then- 2 last night and 1 this morning. Not too concerned about her having the hiccups, but that's the ONLY movement I've felt from her. I just drank a cup of coffee to get her going (usually works like a charm) and once again she has the hiccups, but no "real" movement.

Something to be concerned about? I had a "lack of movement" scare at 29 weeks but it turned out she was perfectly A-okay, so I'm hesitant to call my OB and seem like the crazy mom who cries wolf.

Bookreader July 18th, 2013 07:41 AM

Re: Only Felt Hiccups Since Yesterday

It's never a bad idea to call if you are worried. I personally would go in and just get her checked out, but I am a huge worry wart!

UrbanMomma July 18th, 2013 07:42 AM

I never really notice baby all day long because I am so busy with the other kids. She does get hiccups a lot too. Of course she does get very active when I try to lay down at night.
Any chance you can do the old standby, some OJ and lay down for a bit? If it really worries you then call or go in, thats what they are there for.

jam121184 July 18th, 2013 08:13 AM

Mother's instinct...if you think something isn't right or is "off" give your dr a call! If anything it'll ease your mind!

Jessmom July 18th, 2013 08:28 AM

I agree call your dr or even the hospital. Better to be sure.

Husher July 18th, 2013 08:36 AM

I'm sorry you're worried about this. I hope she is moving more for you soon! I agree to call into your OB if you can't get her moving.

mirdeemrlvs July 18th, 2013 09:34 AM

I'm sitting here feeling baby girl have hiccups right now :smile: Have you tried drinking cold water and laying on your left side??? For me, sitting in the lazy boy with my feet up always gets baby going :-)...

cameronzmom July 18th, 2013 09:35 AM

I agree with everyone else. Definitely call if something feels off!

sapphire116 July 18th, 2013 09:47 AM

Thanks guys (err...gals)! So I drank a WHOLE bunch of ice cold water and DD got to moving and grooving again. She went on like that for about an hour, but has calmed down considerably since then. I'm at work right now so lying down isn't an option. I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid now or not. I think I'm going to call and see if I can move up my Monday appointment to tomorrow.

Jenilope July 18th, 2013 09:50 AM

Trust your gut, if something feels "off" go get peace of mind, that's part of what you pay for after all.

But it's also normal for movement to slow down at the end as they get bigger and more cramped for space and lower and often turn to face your back where you don't feel as many of the kicks and jabs.