JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   We are home! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2666622-we-home.html)

Beachbabies July 19th, 2013 05:38 AM

We are home!

As many of you know I'm not a big fan of hospitals. Don't get me wrong- they definitely need to be around, I've just stayed in them too much and like to avoid them as much as possible.

Anyways, Finley and I were both doing well and we had finally figured out a pain management plan for me that worked and did not involve narcotics, so that was a huge relief. I was able to convince my peri to let me go home a day early :) The pediatrician had no problem with Finley going home. We both have appointments on Monday. I get my wound checked and staples removed and Finley gets weighed (hopefully mama's milk is doing it's job).

We got home around 4pm yesterday and my mom brought us all dinner. I was so happy to be back home with the boys. They were such good boys for everyone while we were away, but I can tell Cole really missed me because he started crying and running to me the second he saw me. Nick and I were laughing because Cole is only 14 months but now, compared to Finley, he looks huge lol.

Everything is going well so far. I'm trying to stay ahead of the pain and so far I am. Maybe the worst part is over! My milk came in last night also, so that is good.

Here is Finley leaving the hospital:
(In this picture she looks so grumpy lol- maybe she didn't want to leave)http://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...be58097b70.jpg
http://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...96d53d0d06.jpg

cameronzmom July 19th, 2013 05:46 AM

Re: We are home!

Oh my gosh! she's just precious!! welcome home ;)

Dirtroads July 19th, 2013 05:47 AM

Happy to hear that everything is going well. Baby is cute with her "what are you looking at" expression. If you don't mind, I am interested in hearing more about your pain management plan. I've had previous C-section and the pain was awful but then I didn't take pain medicine when I should have because is sedated me and well, I had a baby to take care of!

Congrats!

alittlelost July 19th, 2013 06:16 AM

Congrats on going home! So glad you found a plan that works for you :) Finley looks so healthy!!! I'm sure your milk is doing it's job! Enjoy every minute with her!! (PS: my oldest daughter ALWAYS looked grumpy haha) I can't wait to bring Isabel home...

Irishgirl99 July 19th, 2013 06:18 AM

So cute!!

JessKeller24 July 19th, 2013 07:05 AM

Glad your home! She's so cute!

Anchored July 19th, 2013 07:21 AM

She is so cute!!

Beachbabies July 19th, 2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtroads (Post 27528764)
Happy to hear that everything is going well. Baby is cute with her "what are you looking at" expression. If you don't mind, I am interested in hearing more about your pain management plan. I've had previous C-section and the pain was awful but then I didn't take pain medicine when I should have because is sedated me and well, I had a baby to take care of!

Congrats!

I definitely don't mind :) The narcotics work better at blocking the pain, but I have a nasty intolerance to them and just vomit all day when I'm on them so that was a no go, especially with an incision that is supposed to be healing. So I use Tylenol and ibuprofen (high mgms) and I make sure to always stay on top of the pain. These first few days I was told to take them no matter what, even if I'm not feeling pain yet, because it can really sneak up on you. Also, deep breathing whenever i stand up or sit down helps me a lot. I hope something like this works for you :)

mrsmckenzie1 July 19th, 2013 07:42 AM

Super cute. Love the bow hat!

Beachbabies July 19th, 2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alittlelost (Post 27528831)
Congrats on going home! So glad you found a plan that works for you :) Finley looks so healthy!!! I'm sure your milk is doing it's job! Enjoy every minute with her!! (PS: my oldest daughter ALWAYS looked grumpy haha) I can't wait to bring Isabel home...

Lol about looking grumpy- she makes little grumbling noises that kind of sound grumpy too haha. I can't wait for you to bring Isabel home either- that will be such an amazing day for you guys!! How is that lovely little miss doing today?

soccermamatomany July 19th, 2013 09:41 AM

She is so cute!! Congrats on going home.

mommy_to_nico July 19th, 2013 11:09 AM

congrads to going home, she's precious!

mom2K&G July 19th, 2013 01:56 PM

So happy to hear you guys are at home!! She is so cute with that grumpy face! :)

Fins July 19th, 2013 04:46 PM

so glad you are home!

mamalamb July 19th, 2013 05:27 PM

She is so stinking cute!!!!!!!!!!

sharilyn July 19th, 2013 05:51 PM

She is SO cute! Glad your pain is under control and you're at home :0)

kjm July 19th, 2013 06:05 PM

Awwww so cute! :wub:

round2t July 19th, 2013 06:15 PM

Oh my gosh I LOVE that face! So glad you guys are home safe and sound <3

carolinashore July 19th, 2013 06:21 PM

She's adorable!

In regard to the pain management, for me, I was able to stay away from the narcotics as long as I took the lighter stuff (mega dose of Motrin I believe) on schedule, not going past when I was able to take the next dose. At least for the first several days/week.

Colliekat July 19th, 2013 06:33 PM

Aww congrats on bringing her home! Such a great day :)