JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Isabel's heart (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2666651-isabels-heart.html)

alittlelost July 19th, 2013 07:28 AM

Isabel's heart

Isabel has a heart murmur. She also has an extra vessel between her heart and lungs (or something, I really couldn't follow what they were explaining and I was too emotional to have them repeat it or get clarification). She will have to have regular follow ups with a cardiologist until we can determine what this means for her and what, if anything, needs to be done or can be done about this. They were also talking about blood count and how my blood type was incompatible with her and was attacking her in the womb by creating antibodies against her. I don't know if or how that relates to extra vessel. They made it sound all related. I'm so confused :( They did reassure me that her heart itself is fine, it's just this extra vessel that may be a problem, and I don't really know what kind of a problem.

mrsmckenzie1 July 19th, 2013 07:37 AM

Re: Isabel's heart

Hang in there Lost. I know we don't like to hear things about our children but they generally sound worst than they turn out to be :-). Were you rh negative and if so did you get rhogam shots? I am b- so with all my pregnancies anytime I bleed or spot and then at 28 weeks I must get the shot becauseof possible incompatibility.
I hope things get better soon and isabel gets to go home... home makes everyone feel better

UrbanMomma July 19th, 2013 07:42 AM

(((hugs))) They throw so much at you at one time it is hard to keep up. My second son had a murmur when he was born (but no extra vessel) and his cleared up on its own by the time he was 2.

The blood issue while you were pregnant, was it the rh factor? Or whatever that is? I have never dealt with it and don't know much about it. How come they didn't realize it?

I'm sorry you have even more to deal with now. Thoughts and continued prayers for you and Isabel!

cameronzmom July 19th, 2013 07:48 AM

((hugs))

Having a preemie comes with a whole set of issues and I imagine its so overwhelming! I'll be praying/thinking about you guys as you find your new "normal".

alittlelost July 19th, 2013 07:48 AM

Not RH factor and nothing I got a shot for. It's because I'm O+ and she's A+. So I guess if I were A+ and she were O+ it would be fine, but since it was the other way around, it's not fine?

Beachbabies July 19th, 2013 08:05 AM

I'm sorry about Isabel's heart :( It does sound very overwhelming and confusing. I'm O+ also (isn't it a fairly common type?) and I've never been told I could be incompatible with my children.

Please keep us updated as you get more information. Hopefully this is something that resolves itself.

Big HUGS

alittlelost July 19th, 2013 08:20 AM

I could donate blood to her no problem. The problem is I can't TAKE blood from anyone unless they are O. (O+ can give blood to A+ but not the other way around) so when I had her A+ blood in my body (and maybe this has something to do with the placenta problem that caused my pre-e?) basically my body was like "This can't be here" and was trying to protect me against it by creating antibodies that were attacking her somehow. It's all confusing to me :(

lucyinthesky88 July 19th, 2013 09:08 AM

Aww, I'm sorry Lost. I know this information isn't what you wanted/needed to hear right now. Thinking of you and Isabel and hoping it all resolves on it's own or at the very least it doesn't cause her any problems. Big hugs!

soccermamatomany July 19th, 2013 09:35 AM

I wish you would catch a break.

I am so sorry to hear about Isabel's heart, but it sounds like her overall heart health is good and she will just need to be followed up for these couple of issues. I hope you can find the silver lining in all this. I know it's hard. Hang in there.

alittlelost July 19th, 2013 10:06 AM

Thanks ladies :) I called the doctor for more information, since I was so confused after our conversation. He said it's a small aorta pulmonary collateral. It will not go away on its own but they can't tell yet if its problematic and needs to be fixed or if its just a harmless variance. They will reassess when Isabel is 3 months old. The resolution, if it's creating a problem, seems to be surgery. Hoping for good news about this 2 months from now!

Jhendrickson July 19th, 2013 11:17 AM

Hoping some good news will come your way with all of this. I know how it feels to have issues continue to hit you! Sorry you're having to go through all this.

Jenilope July 19th, 2013 03:11 PM

I'm hoping for good news for you in 2 months, as well. I can only imagine how scary the news was, but it sounds like there are reasons to be hopeful.

sharilyn July 19th, 2013 05:50 PM

Here's hoping for a healing 2 months!

carolinashore July 19th, 2013 06:25 PM

I'm sorry. I know it's hard to have the unknown to worry about with your baby. Sending positive thoughts that the appointment in a couple months brings good news.

Jen71 July 20th, 2013 04:44 AM

Oh wow... I hope it turns out to be ok.

I had O- and my sons both have A- (my hubby is A-). My first was fine, but by my 2nd my body must have developed antibodies. He had jaundice and some possible small seizures at birth. Luckily he's just fine at 5 years old. Extremely active, but just fine. ;) anyhow, I hope the extra valve doesn't cause issues. It's amazing how the body adapts.

KASHWORTH July 20th, 2013 07:46 AM

:bighug: hopefully it doesn't cause any problems for her!

4littleloves July 20th, 2013 08:02 PM

Well hopefully the clarification from the dr helped calm your nerves a little? I will pray for a good report at the 3 month checkup.
I have 3 boys A+ and I am O+.
Birthing my third son was the first time we had problems. He was very jaundiced and they made him spent the first day under the bili lights and I was only to take him out to nurse. It was torture .. he was undressed, flailing his arms, had goggles on, and was crying most of the time he was in there. I stood at his side holding his hands trying to console him but then ended up nursing and holding him for longer then they suggested when we were alone because I couldn't stand it. I was completely exhausted when we left the hosp.
Everything was fine with him in the end, no longlasting issues. I am sure hoping i don't have this problem again with baby girl though.

BeachMum July 21st, 2013 05:35 AM

((Hugs)) and prayers.Two of my babies were coombs positive because of my blood type attacking theirs, I'm O+. They just had jaundice really bad.