JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Updates... those who have had babies... how r u doing? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2675578-updates-those-who-have-had-babies-how-r-u-doing.html)

mirdeemrlvs August 29th, 2013 08:59 PM

Updates... those who have had babies... how r u doing?

Grayce is now 4 days old. We are trying to get into some kind of routine. Today she started having eye goo. Poor baby. She had her first sponge bath today and is doing good. I get little smiles here and there.

Me, well- I have had swelling in my ankles and never had it this bad while pregnant. Also a headache but have found caffeine and putting my feet up helps. I get my staples out tomorrow, should be interesting. I am really looking forward to feeling a little better there and being able to roll over. I am trying to wean from the strong meds they have me on, but not always doing well. I find putting ice on the incision helps and taking a warm shower does wonders.

DH has been wonderful although not always helping as much as I'd like him to.

How are you all doing??

Momma2Chase August 29th, 2013 09:08 PM

I'm okay. Think everything is healing well down there but ill be happy when its all better and I'm comfortable again. Thankfully no PPD at this point (17 days pp) so I'm hoping that it doesn't become an issue. I have a smidge of baby blues but I'm positive it's from missing being pregnant a bit and also because of her medical issues. Still feeling guilty and upset that this happened to us.

Sleep wise I get none. I am up all night watching her to make sure she doesn't choke and I sleep sitting up in bed holding her upright. Wake up early because of her and the big kids needing to eat so I'm really exhausted. I don't let DH get up with her at night because he goes into work so early but it's definitely catching up with me. Someone is giving us a rock n play sleeper because its highly recommended for babies with cleft palates, so I'm hopeful that well be able to get her to sleep in that and I can rest again.

As for the baby she's doing well. She's still gagging and choking when laying down so we don't ever lay her on her back except for diaper changes. And even then sometimes I prop her head on a pillow if its too close to when she last ate (we've got into the habit of changing her before a feeding though). She's having a growth spurt I think. Really crabby and wanting to eat a lot but she's gained 8oz since last Friday and I'm so happy about the weight gain!

Colliekat August 29th, 2013 09:10 PM

Re: Updates... those who have had babies... how r u doing?

Caelyn is 16 days old now and doing great. I had discomfort for a week but I'm nearly back to normal now as far as the tearing goes. The worst thing was pooping but thank goodness all is good now in that department.

We don't really have a routine yet as she is breastfeeding on demand mostly. Her biggest vice is going back to sleep at night after feeding. She gets to a stage where she's wide awake once she eats and fusses when I try to put her down. With my first, she was put down awake and put herself to sleep, but Caelyn is very cuddly and wants comfort so I'm having to rock her right now.

Dandelion August 29th, 2013 11:19 PM

:)

Glad to see an update.

Zoey is a month old today. She's doing pretty great. We have her 1 month Dr. appointment on Tuesday. I'm excited to see how much weight she's gained. She's a little breastfed piggy. :)

I'm doing pretty decent. I get a good amount of sleep because Zoey has 4-6 hour stretches of sleep most nights. I have healed good so far. I had a minor infection where my incision was but its better now. Breastfeeding is slowly getting easier. I'm just loving this time period. The tiny baby stage. I'm so in love with Zoey. I just try to enjoy every little minute.

BeachMum August 29th, 2013 11:57 PM

Mayah is 3 weeks old tomorrow and we're dealing with thrush. Uggh. I hate thrush I hate nursing with thrush and I'm so tired of it already. Just when my boobs start feeling normal again since she was born we get this. Not fun at all. Other than that she's great and I'm great.

UrbanMomma August 30th, 2013 06:39 AM

Evaani is 2 1/2 weeks now and she eats like a champ and loves attention (which she gets plenty of). She is doing great. She sleeps pretty good at night, about 4 hour stretches.

I'm good, feeling just fine, no complaints.

BabyT_heart_beat August 30th, 2013 12:38 PM

We are going great. She's 10 days old and so animated. Breastfeeding is going well tho I'm worried she's not getting enough so i supplement sometimes. She was 9.5 at birth 8.11 at discharge and her first appt at 6 days old she was back up to 9.4 so she is growing:D.

As for me I'm doing really well. I'm surprised at how well I'm healing. I only took ibuprofen because i didn't like the way the percocets made me feel. I haven't taken anything for pain in two days. It's still a challenge to sit straight up from a lying position but I've been walking like the Dr told me and all my swelling is gone. I did have an emotional breakdown the day we brought her home. I think before i didn't have a chance to process everything that happened that week and just wrapping my brain around caring for this new little life. Aside from that everything has been smooth sailing.

Beachbabies August 30th, 2013 01:01 PM

Doing pretty good here. Finley is such a special little girl and I already can't imagine life without her. My other post talks about her weight gain and possible reflux issues but other than that she's doing really well. She's starting to smile a lot and it's just so adorable- she has the greatest dimples just like her brothers. She's my best sleeper out of all 3 as babies and is already sleeping a 5-6 hour stretch at night followed by a 3-4 hour stretch.

I consider myself pretty much healed from the csection. My energy has returned and I feel great. At 6.5 weeks out I'm 3 lbs away from pre pregnancy weight but still 25 away from all 3 pre pregnancy weight- I'm slowly starting to work on that. I'm doing well emotionally also :)

Ruthysb August 30th, 2013 10:16 PM

We are doing pretty well. Nora is a 6 days old. She is such a calm baby so far and that is amazing. I feel fine in the sleep department which is AMAZING. I am a little stressed over all though. We are moving and even though I am not doing any of the moving at all it is just emotionally stressful. I do not feel like my boyfriend is supporting me as much as I want/need. He is stressed and worried about finishing up the new house and thinks since she is pretty easy so far it's no big deal. But, I am still pretty sore from my tear and am scared of how things are healing "down there."

sharilyn August 31st, 2013 06:40 PM

we're doing really great :0) at 10 days Alayna is wonderful and we are all in love- all though zane is the biggest threat to her life at this point lol, we must be watching at all times, even when we are holding her! she is sleeping well at night, anywhere from 3-6 hours at a time, the dr was happy that she has only lost 2oz from birth. he said that bfed babies tend to lose at the beginning and take a week or two to regain so we will be checked again on Tuesday to check weight.

for me I'm also feeling really good. aside from the first few days where my lungs kinda hurt and I felt like I had to be hunched over to breath right- midwife said that was because she was so high up into my chest and all the organs where moving back into place. I've seriously haven't had any issues...strange I almost don't feel like I gave birth! my only complaint is my skin on my stomach, the last 10 days before she was born was when I got these pink stretch marks under my belly button. and since she was born the itch and get puffy and sore. been trying to remember to keep coconut oil on them and that helps.

mrsmckenzie1 September 1st, 2013 01:52 PM

We are doing well. Sleep is getting better :-) my incision healed nicely but I adopted a bladder infection... 36 more days til I return to work... still coming to terms with leaving my little baby...

Fins September 1st, 2013 04:56 PM

Ryan is 11 days old and doing great. We are also dealing with the eye goo but it doesn't seem to be too bad.
I'm totally healed down there and I feel pretty good. I've lost almost 20 pounds of baby weight which is nice and I'm re-learning my body again.

We are trying to get him to gain weight, he's a little squirt and I go in on Wednesday to another weight check. He's not back to birth weight yet but seems to be eating a LOT. I pretty much feed on demand and right now we are about 90% breast milk. My supply is still slow to come in but I'm hoping it picks up soon!

He's a decent sleeper. He's up a lot at night but not too fussy and my family is still in town so I'm able to nap during the day. I'm so in love with him it's ridiculous!!

lexiandolive September 4th, 2013 01:17 PM

I have a girl who sleeps all day and is up at night. A bit tough to handle. breastfeeding is going better than I thought. I still don't know if I'll keep it up though. Hubby is missing out on the "fun" of 3 am feedings!

I had an episiotomy and that is the worst part. I tried to go for a walk today 9 days after birth and I am sore now.

for the c-section momma's. Please take your medicine. I tried to get off it this time with my first and take regular tylenol etc. I ended up in emerg daily because of the pain. they had no idea where it was coming from, but I kept screwing up my medicine because i was so tired. I needed to be taking a pain reliever and anti inflammitory together. It took another week to get myself back on track, but once I got my medicine taken care of, I was able to focus on healing.

mirdeemrlvs September 4th, 2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexiandolive (Post 27631909)
I have a girl who sleeps all day and is up at night. A bit tough to handle. breastfeeding is going better than I thought. I still don't know if I'll keep it up though. Hubby is missing out on the "fun" of 3 am feedings!

I had an episiotomy and that is the worst part. I tried to go for a walk today 9 days after birth and I am sore now.

for the c-section momma's. Please take your medicine. I tried to get off it this time with my first and take regular tylenol etc. I ended up in emerg daily because of the pain. they had no idea where it was coming from, but I kept screwing up my medicine because i was so tired. I needed to be taking a pain reliever and anti inflammitory together. It took another week to get myself back on track, but once I got my medicine taken care of, I was able to focus on healing.

Okay. I hear you. I will go take my motrin. LOL.. don't give up breastfeeding. :-) I was awake 3:00am - 5:00 am too and just got done with an over two hour feeding frenzy. It gets better!!!! I'm hoping Grayce gets on a better schedule by next week because I have to get up early in the am and have to be out of the house three days a week.... walking around the house is enough for me. I'm trying to get all the rest in I can because Monday begins busy days.

MissCiara September 9th, 2013 12:25 PM

Quri and I are doing well! She is now 12 days old and according to her first appointment last Tuesday she gained all birth weight back plus an ounce, making her 6 lbs 11 1/2 oz! She has an appointment tomorrow, so I'm sure has gained more. I gave up breastfeeding when she was 4 days old because of her aggressive sucking. I tried to stick to it but she literally had me in tears. She's doing fine with the similac but she has gagging episodes from eating too fast and it scares the s*** out of me! It's getting better though. I now let the bottle down to give her time to take a breather. She gets up every two hours to eat and she sleeps in between feedings. I am recovering from my c-section very well. I took my pain medicine as prescribed and since I ran out a couple of days ago, I haven't needed anymore. I do a lot of walking and my incision is healing nicely. My belly is going down quicker than I thought it would. I have my postpartum check on the 27th. That's it for now. I'm not sure how much I weigh now but I have a Dr appt tomorrow for a possible uti, so I guess I'll find out then.

Update: She has gained 13 ounces in a week, so her doctor suggested that I start supplementing her less.