JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   ahh... sleep (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2677174-ahh-sleep.html)

mirdeemrlvs September 6th, 2013 05:49 PM

ahh... sleep

Grayce is 12 days old and she slept for 6 hours straight in the middle of the night. 10:30 - 4:30. Of course, I didn't sleep very well wondering if she was okay constantly :-) I hope this is a breakthrough and she starts sleeping more at night.

On the downside, she was awake for 3 hours after that and wouldn't go back to sleep. But, hey- I think we've got progress!

UrbanMomma September 7th, 2013 10:31 AM

Re: ahh... sleep

Evaani slept 5 hours straight the other night, it was wonderful!! She sleeps better on her tummy, so don't call the "back to sleep" police on me. LOL. Actually, out of eleven kids I have only had one who preferred to sleep on his back.

mirdeemrlvs September 7th, 2013 10:57 AM

I've been having kids for 20 years and it has sent from sleeping on tummy, to sleeping on side, to sleeping flat on back. I'm saying nothing :smile: Grayce slept 7 hours last night!!! from 11:00 (when I finally got fed up trying to get her to sleep and giving her to daddy) to 6:00 when I woke her up because I was busting with milk. Then, I nursed her in bed until I finally got up at 8:30. Sleep has never felt so good! :-) which is great because we have my 5 year old's birthday and meet the baby party today and I won't be able to nap!!!

BabyT_heart_beat September 7th, 2013 03:05 PM

I'm glad to see BTDT mommies who let their LO sleep. I'm driving myself crazy counting hours because all I've been told by Drs is to feed her every 2-3 hours. At the 3 hour mark I'm itching because sometimes she is still sleeping. There are times i know she will sleep longer if i didn't wake her. Am i being overly paranoid? She has plenty of poop and pee diapers and she's gaining weight just fine.

UrbanMomma September 7th, 2013 05:56 PM

I let them sleep. I am not one to wake a sleeping baby to eat.

mirdeemrlvs September 7th, 2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyT_heart_beat (Post 27638611)
I'm glad to see BTDT mommies who let their LO sleep. I'm driving myself crazy counting hours because all I've been told by Drs is to feed her every 2-3 hours. At the 3 hour mark I'm itching because sometimes she is still sleeping. There are times i know she will sleep longer if i didn't wake her. Am i being overly paranoid? She has plenty of poop and pee diapers and she's gaining weight just fine.

I wake her during the day, but at night I let her wake me. But, I haven't let her go over 7 hours. My milk gets too full. She cluster feeds right before bed and sometimes during the day (where she nurses for like 3-4 hours practically non-stop) so I know she is getting enough and tons of poop and pee.

mrsmckenzie1 September 7th, 2013 10:22 PM

We are not past 3 hours:-(But i would prob freak if she did. I am still in suchshock God blessed me with her i drive myself nuts thinking its going to go wrong