JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Any cloth diapering mamas? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2693232-any-cloth-diapering-mamas.html)

Bookreader November 19th, 2013 12:06 AM

Any cloth diapering mamas?

My little lady has really sensitive skin. Her bum kept getting more and more irritated until I realized the new disposable diapers we had switched to were fragranced. Then we discovered the disposable wipes were bothering her as well. So, we switched to cloth diapers for both babies (trying to do disposables for one and cloth for the other was ridiculous; I was accidentally washing disposable wipes and almost throwing cloth away).
I have found I really like them! They're cute, squishy, WAY better on Ailey-girl's bum, and are going to save us money in the long run.
So my question for any of you cloth-diapering mamas: which diapers are your personal fav? We have a little bit of everything except fitteds, which I'm wanting to try. We don't have any wool, either, but I know I won't be able to use it since I am allergic to lanolin.
So far, I love Econobum covers/prefolds for night time and for around the house, but find them a little bulky for out and about. I love BG Freetimes for a trimmer option.
Also, anyone make diapers? Any tips for a moderately skilled seamstress who wants to try?

~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~ November 23rd, 2013 07:50 AM

Re: Any cloth diapering mamas?

You could try no sew fleece covers! Dirty Diaper Laundry | Smart cloth diaper information *and more* for smart parents. (She has a lot of great tips and tricks!)

I love my pockets. I have Alvas, Sunbaby's and kawaii's. I have some covers but I think she's too big for them now! She's almost 17 lbs, and I have size one covers. My pockets aren't too bulky but I wouldn't mind them being a little trimmer. LOL

I so want to try flats/fitted/prefold and covers though! :)

Dandelion November 23rd, 2013 07:54 AM

Hi! One of the big reasons we decided to cloth diaper Zoey was because of sensitive skin. My other 2 kiddos both had bad rashes from disposable diapers and wipes. We love our cloth. We have all types of Cloth diapers and only use cloth wipes. My favorite is prefolds and covers. Green mountain diapers cloth-eez prefolds are my fave. I also use fitted diapers & pocket diapers a bunch. Love thirsties duo covers, kawaii covers, Alva & jc trade pockets, Goodmama fitteds, etc.

But hands down our GMD prefolds are most used. They are super absorbent.

kjm November 23rd, 2013 09:57 PM

I use Charlie Banana pocket diapers with Kawaii bamboo inserts!

Bookreader November 23rd, 2013 11:19 PM

We have a mixture of Alva pockets, BumGenius 4.0 and freetime, a Babykicks, a Bumkins (can we say sucky? That one is useless), a few Fuzzibunz, and some Econobums. We have some Happy Heinys and some Rumparooz on the way. I'm REALLY excited to try the Rumparooz!
I cut out fabric to make my own fitted, but haven't had the chance yet to actually sew it. Lol. Having 3 kids keeps us busy! :)

BeachMum December 29th, 2013 01:13 PM

We are. Shes in swaddlebees and g diapers with cloth inserts. The others we have are too big for her as she's a tiny one!