JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   4 months, still not rolling? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2700134-4-months-still-not-rolling.html)

cameronzmom December 27th, 2013 05:34 AM

4 months, still not rolling?

Anyone else have a late roller? I don't know whether to be concerned or not. We have a PT consult in Jan as well as an eye appt, but I don't know if PT will check him out for why he isn't rolling. He barely even tries :(

alittlelost December 27th, 2013 06:16 AM

Re: 4 months, still not rolling?

Isabel is sitting up (5-10 minutes at a time), inch worm crawling, standing while holding onto sometimes, standing while I hold her hips, says "mama" when she wants me or to copy me saying it, and rolls both ways, found her feet (and tries eating them) and claps them together and sometimes tries to clap her hands after you clap them for her. I'm going to PM you some info regarding your concerns that I think might help.

neon December 27th, 2013 01:39 PM

Sorry for lurking but I wanted to comment - my baby is 7 months and only barely rolls. She started doing back to front around 5.5 months, and she's only rolled front to back twice ever. She's just not interested in rolling.

However, she's meeting all other milestones and even surpassing many. It depends on their overall development. You know how some babies skip crawling and go straight to walking? I would bring it up with your pediatrician, but that alone I don't think is enough for concern.

cameronzmom December 31st, 2013 10:42 AM

Thanks, ladies. Its hard not to compare to my other kids bc they were so advanced in all their milestones.

Jessifer January 2nd, 2014 07:56 PM

I'm also lurking. My LO is 5 1/2 months old and he's not much of a roller either. He learned to roll front to back at about 4 months but it's only because he hates tummy time so much that it's his way of avoiding it. As for back to front, I think he's done it maybe 5 times in total - he's just not interested. But then if I put him in his exersaucer, he goes crazy bouncing up and down and trying to twist his body around to play with the toys, so I've decided not to worry about the fact that he's not rolling too much from back to tummy. I've found that there are certain weeks where he seems to lag, but then there are others where within only a few days, he learns to do several new things at the same time. Your LO is only 4 months... give him some time. :smile:

mirdeemrlvs January 3rd, 2014 08:38 PM

Grayce just turned 4 months and she will roll from her back to her side occasionally, but not that often. She really has to want to reach something to roll. I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

cameronzmom January 27th, 2014 06:20 PM

Still no rolling.. He has a few small issues which are holding him back but we're working on them :)

bofmc February 25th, 2014 05:08 AM

My son just turned 6 months and still isnt't sitting up or rolling over.