JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2006-august-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Maternity clothes (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2006-august-2014-playroom/2706257-maternity-clothes.html)

Forget Me Not February 1st, 2014 11:49 PM

Maternity clothes

Anyone bought or started to wear them yet?
i actually have a small bump going on really low down. I normally dont till nearly 20 weeks, and here i am, just about 14 weeks and pooching out down low hah.
I put on clean jeans this morning and started crying after wearing them for an hour when they were just digging in so badly on my belly. I had to take them off in the car lol.
I dont want to wear maternity pants, they never look good on my butt lol. I think ill go buy myself some yoga pants here soon.
I did pick up two maternity shirts. They are SUPER long, almost to my knees, with gathered sides. The kind i like haha. My husband keeps prodding me. Hes all, i cant wait for you to get big and round! He likes me pregnant apperently lol.
Annnyway, anyone else making maternity clothes plans?

Krawling35 February 2nd, 2014 05:37 AM

Re: Maternity clothes

I was just asking about that, because all my pants are starting to feel tight. I mostly own empire style tops that flatter (hide) my normal belly, so I was just wondering what I should do about the pants since I'm only. 12 1/2 weeks and it's not really a full bump yet but just tightness.

MommaOf2andBean February 2nd, 2014 06:15 AM

I've been wearing them for a bit for comfort. There are some pre pregnancy pants I can still wear because I've lost weight, but I definitely need the tops because my pre pregnancy tops are too short already.

PrincessMom08 February 2nd, 2014 07:24 AM

I'm wearing them, but with baby #4 and my short torso, I'm already pretty pooched out. My regular pant got uncomfortable in no time, but that's a usual for me. I have some that go under the belly and some full panel. I want some more yoga pants though lol.

Jillybean83 February 2nd, 2014 08:08 AM

I refuse to buy maternity pants. I don't show until about 18 weeksish and it will be close to spring so I am on warring noting but maxi skirts and dresses this spring and summer. I typically just but a size or two up for shirts so I prob won't buy any maternity at all

Minnerva February 2nd, 2014 09:20 AM

I gotta find my maternity jeans today. ick.

KH79 February 2nd, 2014 10:02 AM

I started wearing my maternity clothes a few days ago at 13w3d. I can still wear some regular pants, but they are just too uncomfortable and maternity clothes are more flattering now. I had a bunch from DD so am just going to buy a few new pieces and that's it! No more babies for me after this one :)

lms22 February 2nd, 2014 11:30 AM

My belly got big all of a sudden with this pregnancy. I think because I'm older, out of shape, and on my 3rd kid. This is the change just between 7 weeks and 12 weeks.

http://laurams81.smugmug.com/photos/...-nMt6p8M-S.jpg

I haven't been able to wear any normal shirts in a few weeks now. They are all way too short, so I'm stuck in maternity shirts.

I'm having a horrible time with pants. I have one pair of maternity pants, and while they are comfortable, my belly isn't big enough to hold them up so I'm constantly having to readjust them. I only have 2 pairs of jeans that ride low enough on me to fit under my belly. It is super uncomfortable to wear either of them. I wish I could find something "in between". I have a belly band, but it drives me nuts. It rolls up on me and I hate dealing with it.

MommaOf2andBean February 2nd, 2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lms22 (Post 27936986)
My belly got big all of a sudden with this pregnancy. I think because I'm older, out of shape, and on my 3rd kid. This is the change just between 7 weeks and 12 weeks.

I haven't been able to wear any normal shirts in a few weeks now. They are all way too short, so I'm stuck in maternity shirts.

I'm having a horrible time with pants. I have one pair of maternity pants, and while they are comfortable, my belly isn't big enough to hold them up so I'm constantly having to readjust them. I only have 2 pairs of jeans that ride low enough on me to fit under my belly. It is super uncomfortable to wear either of them. I wish I could find something "in between". I have a belly band, but it drives me nuts. It rolls up on me and I hate dealing with it.

I'm right there with you! The under belly pants make me crazy. I didn't find a full panel that is comfortable. I'm getting big fast this time. I have a stash of nice, long tops. I definitely don't have the strongest core muscles so my abdomen is just letting go.

Forget Me Not February 2nd, 2014 03:14 PM

See all my normal shirts are long enough! I buy mostly long tanks from the teenager section. Here i am, turning 30 and shop in juniors lol. I realize how silly it is, but the shirts are LONGER then womans. So most of my shirts still fit over the pooch.
Im planning on getting some maxi dresses. But i live in Alaska. our summers are different. It starts in june, like we get green in june, get to around 70, up to 80 and sometimes 90 in july, then it starts raining in august and we rarely see the sun again till fall is over and winter starts mid October. So i do need pants and shirts and probably a couple sweaters seeing my jacket wont fit this summer.
I was in colorado last summer and oh my word it was so wonderful! So hot! This poor Alaskan nearly died of heat haha. Its ok. Our summers make up for it with 20 hours of beautiful clear sunlight. Who needs sleep!

Lindsey608 February 2nd, 2014 07:31 PM

I bought a pair of jeans from Goodwill this weekend. I know it will be hot by April so I really don't want to spend a lot on pants. I have a few pair of yoga pants, and 2-3 pair of pre-preggo jeans that still fit with the rubber band trick, lol.

Belita February 2nd, 2014 07:45 PM

I am. So much more comfy. I have to keep pulling up non-maternity pants if I wear the belly band anyways so might as well go for comfort. I like the over the belly for this stage since they stay up better, but like under the belly when I get bigger.

MommaOf2andBean February 3rd, 2014 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belita (Post 27937451)
I am. So much more comfy. I have to keep pulling up non-maternity pants if I wear the belly band anyways so might as well go for comfort. I like the over the belly for this stage since they stay up better, but like under the belly when I get bigger.

I agree. I have pre prego pants I can wear like that, but they continuously fall down and irritate me. I have one full panel right now that are my favorite because they stay up the best. The ones with the band tend to roll. I hope to get a couple more full panels. I'm not a shorts person (I wear pants in the summer because I hate my legs), so they won't go to waste. I have some left over maternity capris from dd also.

TrishB February 3rd, 2014 07:40 AM

I've been stalking the local swap/sell groups on FB and will be buying my maternity clothes that way as long as I find everything I need. I didn't show until the last month with my first, but I was wearing maternity pants by 1/2 way through and using a belly band before that.

jumpingoffplace February 3rd, 2014 02:50 PM

I've been practically living in leggings, yoga pants and skirts- already. I can't believe how big I've gotten already. But then, this is my 3rd and while I've always been tiny, my muscles aren't exactly "toned" since I sit at a computer most of the time working. I have a few pair of pre-pregnancy jeans I can wear- but only because I couldn't wear them before LOL- I bought a size or two too big, kept them because I didn't want to drive the 50 miles to return them. They're coming in handy now! :)

momology February 3rd, 2014 03:57 PM

I am only 11 weeks but I am in maternity clothes now. It is so much more comfortable and I am already fairly popped out now. I got some maternity jeans on a good sale at Macys for $25 and I love them so much. The rest I got as hand me downs or from old Navy.

mrsgarcia33 February 3rd, 2014 06:19 PM

I've just been using my belly band... I am going to look for some maternity leggings and some longer shirts.. I don't want to get too many things right now.. it will hopefully start getting warmer in March and when I am at my biggest.. I have a lot of summer dresses.. :)

Belita February 3rd, 2014 06:36 PM

I hope I can wear dresses this time around. I couldn't with DS. My skin got so sensitive and I chafed horribly!

ebells09 February 4th, 2014 11:03 AM

I have yet to make the jump to maternity. My pants are still fitting and I just feel bloated and fluffy. Last pregnancy I was in maternity by week 10. This one, it's weird. Oh well. I'm hoping to make it in these pants a few more weeks and then I'll just start wearing my maxi's. Since I'm in AZ we don't have that bad of a winter to wear I will need different season stuff. I'll just live in dress and skirts with what Forget Me Not said... long tanks and tees! :)

Lindsey608 February 5th, 2014 09:12 AM

I've been using the rubberband trick on a couple pair of jeans. I only have one left that buttons comfortably! I guess that's what you get with your 4th kid and untoned abs. :p