JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2006-august-2014-playroom/)
-   -   I'm frustrated and need middle name help. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2006-august-2014-playroom/2714017-im-frustrated-and-need-middle-name-help.html)

SweetSaraB March 26th, 2014 11:51 AM

I'm frustrated and need middle name help.

We are expecting our second son due in early August and are having a hard time coming up with a name. DH & I finally agreed on a first name, Elijah (Eli for short), but we are having a hard time agreeing on a middle name. DH likes Garrett, but it still needs to grow on me more. I like James, but DH thinks it's too "tongue twisty/similar J sounding". :rollseyes: DH wants/likes a "hard G" beginning sound middle name. The other middle name DH likes is Graham, but when I hear it I think of graham crackers. So we ruled that name out. DH also does not like George, Grant, Gary, Gregory, Greg, Geoffrey, Geffrey, Gordon, Gage, Gavin, and Gabriel. I've tried non "G" names too. DH doesn't like James, Michael, David, Scott, Alexander, and Mason to name a few. For a while DH was "obsessed" with having both DSs with either a first name or middle name being the same as DH's first name. :headwall: I put the kibosh on that! :rolleyes: Our first DS already shares my DH's first name. My DH is the one who came up with Elijah for the first name, which I like. I just wish I could get him to agree to a middle name that I like/come up with. :sigh: At least I got DH to agree to consider any other middle name options I may come up with before DS #2 is born. Any suggestions for middle names that go well with Elijah and a last name that starts with a "B"? Thanks for any help!

Forget Me Not March 26th, 2014 12:52 PM

Re: I'm frustrated and need middle name help.

My boys middle names are Erik, Alexander, Sebastian and Anthony. We picked our second favorite name as the middle name.

topato March 26th, 2014 12:59 PM

Elijah Gray stands out to me for some reason. I think a one-syllable name might be the way to go with a three syllable first, but there really aren't too many viable options after you take out the ones your husband's veto'd. But here are a few other g names i thought of for you: Grayson Garrison Gideon Griffin Gerald Gibson Gene Gil. What about j names that have that hard g sound?

*edit to add: elijah glen?

KH79 March 26th, 2014 02:12 PM

I love the name Elijah, so good pick there! Gosh, I like Garrett for the middle name too, but sounds like you're iffy on that. Gray is cool as topato suggested. I'll look at my baby name book tonight when I get home from work to see if there are any other "G" names that stand out at me...

NinjaMomma March 26th, 2014 02:46 PM

I have an Elijah Hayden.

Elijah Gray sounds nice.

Lindsey608 March 27th, 2014 08:32 AM

Elijah is also on our boy list as well, good choice! ;)

It sounds like you need to mull over middle names some more. I always felt like once I heard it I'd know it when it came to pairing the right thing up with first names!