JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f379-autoimmune-diseases-and-disorders/)
-   -   trouble sleeping through the night ? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f379-autoimmune-diseases-and-disorders/483321-trouble-sleeping-through-night.html)

~*Dina*~ February 27th, 2007 04:09 PM

Do you have trouble sleeping through the night ? Because of the fybro, I have trouble sleeping through the night completely. I wake up almost every single night. Sometimes I can fall back to sleep and sometimes I cant. My Dr has given me a ton of diff. kinds of sleeping aides but NONE of them help me sleep all the way through. What do you do to help you sleep ?

Colee February 27th, 2007 05:01 PM

Yes! I have a terrible time with sleep...I take Trazodone for a sleep aid. Sometimes it works,sometimes it doesnt. My bladder hasnt been the same since last Spring...guess thats when the MS started messing with that(common symptom in MS). I wake up every night around 3AM to pee. Never fails. I can drink less at night,or even none at all and I STILL wake up around 3AM and have to go potty.

Some nights I am up until 4-5am...sleep a couple of hours and get up with the kids at 8am,for the day. It's not good! Insomnia stinks!! <_<

When it WORKS,the Trazodone is GREAT...but,like I said...it doesnt always even work

I think most of us on the auto immune board do have trouble sleeping...maybe some one else has better advice

^_^

texasmomof2 February 27th, 2007 05:29 PM

Yep, me too! I've taken practically every sleeping pill out there. Ambien made me hallucinate. I take Lunesta and Zanaflex now, but still wake up about 4 or 5 AM. It stinks. :( The Lunesta helps me fall asleep, but doesn't help me stay asleep. If I take another Zanaflex during the night, then I'm a zombie the next day. It's a frustrating cycle.

~*Dina*~ February 28th, 2007 09:55 AM

I love Lunestra! That stuff KNOCKS me out! But I dont stay asleep :( My Dr just recently gave me some samples of Sonata. He said you can take the Sonata at 1 am and not feel "hung over" the next day. But I took them early before bed hoping they would help me sleep all night. Not. I guess I will just have to live w/it. I've been living w/it for this long.. ;) Thanks for the replies.

Colee February 28th, 2007 12:00 PM

Quote:

I love Lunestra! That stuff KNOCKS me out! But I dont stay asleep :( My Dr just recently gave me some samples of Sonata. He said you can take the Sonata at 1 am and not feel "hung over" the next day. But I took them early before bed hoping they would help me sleep all night. Not. I guess I will just have to live w/it. I've been living w/it for this long.. ;) Thanks for the replies.[/b]
:frown: I HATE that in today's day and age we have to live like this...on top of everything else :frown: