JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Food/Feeding Support (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f93-baby-food-feeding-support/)
-   -   Guess what I did! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f93-baby-food-feeding-support/247486-guess-what-i-did.html)

DynamiteLotus July 10th, 2006 07:30 AM

I made my own baby food yesterday!! :cheer:

I did carrots, sweet taters, and pears. I know you're supposed to exercise caution when doing carrots and it worked; they all look exactly like store bought baby food!

Olivia tried the sweet taters that I made last night...they were still a little warm and she loved them! And I have to say, I got this feeling...you know the feeling you get when you make a homemade meal, all from scratch, feed it to your family, and they like it? I got that feeling when I saw that Olivia like my sweet taters. :wub:

MamaBx3 July 10th, 2006 09:06 AM

Awwww ! That's such a sweet story .

I'm glad you were able to make them ! And I'm glad Olivia liked them :wub:

DynamiteLotus July 10th, 2006 09:13 AM

I was such a dork about it. I went to that wholesome baby food website to do it - I cannot believe the price difference from store bought and making your own...it's insane!

Anyhow, so I guess this is something that makes me more "crunchy", huh? :blink:

CanuckGal July 10th, 2006 09:30 AM

Crunch crunch, Erin!

Isn't it fun though? I love the feeling too when I see Landon eating food I made for him.

Dylans_Mama July 10th, 2006 11:23 AM

That was a really good website Erin!!! I am thinking about making some of my own also!! Thanks :bluecheer:

Tanya G July 10th, 2006 08:09 PM

the only thing really to worry about is nitrates. I cant remember all the foods they are in but carrots is one. I wouldnt make homemade carrots till 9 months but thats just me. Some sources say 6 months is ok, but I am still sticking with jarred carrots. I am so happy it went well for you. Sorry to thread jack, just wanted to say Cohen LOVES peas and I recently made him some homemade pureed peas, and he gagged so much that he made himself throw up !!! I was shocked! So no more homemade peas for him lol. Just thought I would share that sometimes it doesnt work, so I am realy glad that your baby liked the food.

DynamiteLotus July 11th, 2006 09:00 AM

Quote:

the only thing really to worry about is nitrates. I cant remember all the foods they are in but carrots is one. I wouldnt make homemade carrots till 9 months but thats just me. Some sources say 6 months is ok, but I am still sticking with jarred carrots.[/b]
Yes, there was an article on the wholesome baby food website that explained this...which is why I did not use the cooking water to liquify the carrots.

I think I'm going to do bananas today! :cheer:

Tanya G July 11th, 2006 07:26 PM

oh let me know how babanas go. I did that to, just mushed up some really ripe bananas, its amazing how it purees so easily!

DynamiteLotus July 11th, 2006 08:23 PM

Quote:

oh let me know how babanas go. I did that to, just mushed up some really ripe bananas, its amazing how it purees so easily![/b]
I didn't get to the bananas today, but it's my goal for tomorrow!

Dylans_Mama July 18th, 2006 08:05 AM

Erin have you tried making anything else? How are you doing it? Are you making it in bulk and freezing or storing them?