JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Food/Feeding Support (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f93-baby-food-feeding-support/)
-   -   Fruit/veggie puff question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f93-baby-food-feeding-support/303688-fruit-veggie-puff-question.html)

utopiaseas September 8th, 2006 11:54 PM

Just how lumpy are they when they dissolve? So many people in the january playroom are giving them but yet the package (of parents choice brand ones) says 12 months and up. Kaitlyn eats stage 2 foods which as far as I can tell are no thicker than stage 1's were. I don't want her to choke. She can crawl which is one of the developmental milestones it says they should reach before eating them, but she doent mash food with her gums because there is nothing to mash. Can someone please give me some insight to how fast they dissolve and into what kind of consistency?

Dylans_Mama September 9th, 2006 10:10 AM

The Gerber ones say as long as they are crawling off their tummies, used to chewing lumpier foods and some other stuff all of which Dylan is doing.

I started off by giving him those but I would break off each little star thing, because I wasnt comfortable giving him any at first. Now he eats the whole thing and does really well. Ive heard that the parents choice ones dont dissolve as easily.

In fact Dylan was chewing on them this morning and within just a couple of chews he was letting the puff run down his chin lol it was just mush ickkkkkk!

Tanya G September 10th, 2006 08:33 PM

the gerber puffs i bought said not till one year and are accustomed to chewing foods. however, it was one of the first finger foods I started giving cohen. I think he was about 9 months. I started with easy to swallow things like cottage cheese and just jumped to the puffs. he never had a problem with them, but if i give him too many on his tray he will shove them all in at once and then gag, so maybe just try giving one at a time. I even tried one, they turn to mush really fast. I think the thing on the container saying they are for one year and up is more for legal purpouses to protect them.

2boys+alittlelady2luv September 11th, 2006 05:08 AM

I agree they really dissolve really fast. Try them they are really good. I tried them before I gave them to Connor just to see how fast they really did dissolve. Connor loves them. We have only had the fruit ones though. I have yet to give him much of any other table foods, and he isn't crawling off his tummy much, but he sure can eat fruit puffs like them are going outta style.

mommybug77 September 11th, 2006 06:07 AM

I never used them since my daughters were to old. I got osme for my neice one year at Christmas, she was about 8 months or so & loved them. She did make a mess with them, but they seemed to dissolve really well for her.

Dono92000 September 11th, 2006 08:02 PM

My experiecne is that Donovan really needed to be able to chew before he got them. We tried a few times and he just kept chokeing. Now he's actually chewing them though!

~Heather~ September 12th, 2006 09:23 AM

I have given them to Blaise and he loves them. Which there isn't much that he doesn't love, lol. The do dissolve really fast, but I think Blaise chews them up before they dissolve.