JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   New here... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/1306761-new-here.html)

Nenis November 9th, 2008 08:52 AM

We are pretty much stuck without many options right now. We are thinking about Noah (no middle name yet). What do you girls think of the name, please be honest. Do you know any Noahs? lol Please opinions...TIA

ImagineOctober November 9th, 2008 09:05 AM

Hi there! I really like Noah! I have a friend who named her son Noah, that's the only Noah I know of! I think it's a great name, handsome and recognizable but not too popular. I think Noah sounds great with Victoria also!

BrownEyedGirl November 9th, 2008 09:15 AM

Noah is a really nice name, but it's very popular around here.
Here's some random suggestions if you're interested lol:

Graham
Dominic
Julian
Miles
Levi
Ethan
Elliot

ErikaLovesTravel November 9th, 2008 09:19 AM

Welcome :D
The only Noah I know is an online friends son. I don't know any in real life.
We were considering Noah if Alexis were to be a boy - it's one of my all-time faves . . . LOVE IT!

MyGirlsJaiden&Everleigh November 9th, 2008 10:13 AM

I personally know 5 Noahs lol. It is a very common name.

MamaLynn November 9th, 2008 01:11 PM

I think it's a nice name.. I only know one Noah and he's 7. Not too popular here right now.

Doodle November 9th, 2008 03:25 PM

it's a great name but i know A LOT of Noahs

*PurpleMidnight* November 9th, 2008 05:16 PM

I love Noah and its not common here

Pixie November 9th, 2008 05:27 PM

I really like Noah and I don't personally know anyone with that name. I do know that it is pretty popular in some areas, but my belief is if you love a name, that shouldn't matter.

::er!ca:: November 9th, 2008 05:54 PM

I like the name Noah! It's very cute! I think I like the name Nolan more though. As far as knowing any Noahs, I only know one and he is in his 20s.

Some other random options:

Elijah
Asher
Collin
Griffin
Jude
Lane
Owen
Oliver

carlyheartsphil November 9th, 2008 08:05 PM

Noah is ok, I prefer Nolan too. I know two Noah's one is 8 and one is 3

MamaBx3 November 10th, 2008 06:10 AM

I love it :P

There are none around here. I know one girl in my DDC who is naming her baby Noah, but that's it.

Use it :D
And Welcome to the board!

TanyaD November 10th, 2008 03:19 PM

I love Noah. It is popular here but if you love it, use it. I wouldn't worry about popularity. My dd has a very popular name yet we have only met one other Alexis in her 9 years of life!

Miracle November 10th, 2008 04:11 PM

I LOVE the name Noah! :wub:

CameraLinds November 10th, 2008 05:09 PM

I like Noah. I only know one Noah and he's cute ;)

MamaAshley November 10th, 2008 05:25 PM

I like it too, we're throwing around that name for our next baby if it's a boy. My FIL's middle name is Noe, which is Noah in Italian...

Cordelia November 10th, 2008 08:04 PM

I only know one Noah, and he's in his 20s... not too popular here! :)

I love the name.. and it sounds gorgeous with Victoria :)

MommaOnCloud9 November 10th, 2008 11:13 PM

Noah is rather popular around here too. But, like a few others have said, if you like the name I wouldn't let that stop you. Our DD1 is the ever popular Isabella. However, we know NO other Isabellas and in 3 years we've heard of only 2 others (parents were calling for them in the store). Plus, we get compliments on it all the time.

That being said, I'm not a fan of the name Noah despite having a friend who named her adorable son Noah.

In addition, Noah does not have the same feel/style to it as Victoria. (I love Victoria and it's feel/style.) My recommendation is to stick with the same style. You can get several recommendations on http://www.nymbler.com just by plugging in Victoria's name as an inspiration.

I also highly recommend the book: The Baby Name Wizard. It's so helpful in picking out brother/sister names.

Good luck!

MamaAshley November 11th, 2008 04:16 PM

If you love it, go for it, and don't stress if you don't think it goes well with Victoria, I believe in going with the name you love no matter what anyone says. We might use Noah, and my mom doesn't like it, but oh well!

LadyGamer November 12th, 2008 08:46 AM

i LOVE Noah and I think it goes rather well with Victoria, personally :D